Software
Houzz Logo Print
mariaham

Hi can you please help me decorate my living room and the fireplace

13 years ago
Can you please give me ideas about what furniture should I buy and what color should I use to the living room?
Thanks in advance

Comments (8)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It really depends what you like you know:) Without knowing much about you your family's size and needs it's a bit hard to advise. However, if I were to walk in this place and the task is to make it presentable, here it goes. I love the fireplace, just as it is, paint walls a nice soothing green blue

    [houzz=
    Benjamin Moore, Aganthus Green · More Info
    ]

    The Fireplace a darker, grey

    [houzz=
    Woodcliff Lake 980 by Benjamin Moore · More Info
    ]

    White trim and mantle.

    Mount a beautiful mirror over fireplace,

    [houzz=
    Two Tone Round Mirror · More Info
    ]

    A nice soft plush rug

    [houzz=
    Moroccan Trellis Plush Dimensional Rug -Beige or Grey · More Info
    ]

    A simple sofa and chairs, coffee table and a bench..


    [houzz=
    Celia Sofa · More Info
    ]

    [houzz=
    Design House Stockholm Lisa Widen White Cloud Chair · More Info
    ]

    [houzz=
    Origami Coffee Table · More Info
    ]

    End tabes, lamps

    [houzz=
    Tripod Style Floor Lamp - Lumi Source · More Info
    ]

    Have a zen day!:)
  • 13 years ago
    I love the color suggestions for sure!
  • 13 years ago
    @Aggie dba Aggie Designs-your choices are lovely!! Will need to post some LR questions for you soon! To bad you are many states away from Austin, Texas!! Haha
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you, you are very kind to say that ! Although I advise people not to do it, sometimes I do design over the internet, it takes a lot of picture taking, texting and emailing:), but houzz helps:) and pinterest is great for this.
  • 13 years ago
    @Aggie dba Aggie Designs Tiss not kind..just the truth!! I am super interested in "design via the net"!! Just got back from visiting the NY area..brother moved from Manhattan to Park Slope. I just found this site so mariham I sure did not want to change any thought process for you room!! Not sure what is PC but I love that professionals can look and comment. So question to all..can we contact you via houzz?? Do not know the "rules" Thx all!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Haha, you are so sweet!:) Well,in essence, you can post your pictures and your "design dilemma", and there are a many very talented and generous people (professionals and enthusiasts) who will weigh in, though you never quite know who will, but I have seen some great projects take shape through these discussions. There really are no rules, but the more information you post and on point, your questions, the better answers you will get. If you have your heart set on on a designer, by all means contact them, I think that is what houzz set out to do at the beginning, is to connect homeowners with designers. I don't know if that's worked out completely, but I have had some very nice people contact me on here and business relationships have formed. You can absolutely contact anyone you like on here. My email is purvinska@gmail.com, phone is 718-986-1846 if you want to talk with me:) (I would love to:), or if you click on any other professional, their info is posted on their profile.

    Park Slope is the place to be if you like coffee and ice cream, a very lovely area, beautiful architecture, of course, and just a very nice vibe, lots of nice people from mid west, great choice!! :):)
  • 13 years ago
    @Aggie dba Aggie Designs this is super exciting! I have always done my "own" décor and have done the home staging thing with my previous homes and people seemed to love it but we moved to the Austin area and this could very well be my last home - with that said I will shoot you an email so I have your contact info for now. Again I hope I did not over step anything with this personal question from mariaham!