Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
picklla

White dove cabinets with white quartz

picklla
6 years ago
I’ve recently had cabinets painted white dove and calacutta laza countertops installed. The cabinets are much creamier white than the countertops. It was unexpected, as I didn’t realize that white dove was so creamy, but I’m liking the ivory and white look. However, what color should I paint the moulding, doors and beadboard in the rest of the kitchen? I know a lot of people continue the white dove but I’m afraid to put more creamy white throughout the room. Would a whiter white like SW extra white look better to continue the ivory/ white contrast? I’m painting the walls revere pewter and the backsplash is a soft white subway tile, but hasn’t been installed. Any advice appreciated!!!

Comments (37)

• Elizabeth B
    6 years ago

Is the kitchen open to other spaces?

• picklla
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    It’s it open to other rooms.
  • picklla
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    NOT open to other spaces. Sorry!
  • janedoe2012
    6 years ago
    Have you already purchased the subway tile? If so, I would wait until it’s installed to decide. Sounds like the color is closer to the counters than the cabs? I would have expected the cabinets to look more white too, but agree that everything looks nice so far.
  • Elizabeth B
    6 years ago

Did you paint the wall with the chair rail that same grey on the top? If so can you post a pic from a distance

• Elizabeth B
    6 years ago

Btw i like the cabinets and quartz color gives it some contrast

• picklla
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hi. Thanks for your responses!

Yes, the subway tile is a closer white to the countertops vs the cabinets.

Also, the walls have not yet been painted. (They want to paint the ceilings and moulding first, that's why I'm on this dilemma
    ! :-). The gray paint spots on the wall will be the new paint color. The current color of the wainscot is SW extra white. Is it too stark?
  • ajrlittle
    6 years ago
    Your kitchen is looking great! The wainscoting and window trim above the sink do look a bit stark against the cabinetry. If you can, the trim and wainscot in white dove will look very nice. The Revere Pewter will tie in the veining of your stone as well. Looking forward to seeing it complete!
  • PRO
    All Pro Construction
    6 years ago
    BM Apparition goes well with white dove, get a sample and try it.

Also, I see you have painted sample colors on the wall. Be careful with that, you might have to sand/scrape it off and apply drywall compound over it before painting the walls, as you’ll be able to see the texture of painted pieces.
  • PRO
    Kitchen Tune-up Zeeland, Sales & Design
    6 years ago
    Since it's a closed off room, I would paint it bright white like the countertop for contrast.
  • Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

i have mixed whites in my kitchen, the cabinets are sea pearl, the trim is white dove, with marble look quartz counters and a 'white' backsplash with a crackle finish to make it blend better. my advice is to have a mixture as well; if everything matches except one surface, that one will look odd man out. if there is an array of whites to ivory or cream, they all blend.

• PRO
    Alison Powers Color Consultant
    6 years ago

Traditionally, the trim and wainscoting is the same color as the cabinets, which is what I would recommend for your kitchen. I would then look for ways to make your cream and white color scheme look intentional — for instance you could look for a simple backsplash that incorporated both white and cream. I would consider painting the walls a light barely-there gray.

• PRO
    Laura Bruce
    6 years ago
    I would use “Pure White” sw7005....it works beautifully with the White Dove and will also bridge to the Extra White well. Do not use Extra White near the cabinets.
  • PRO
    Laura Bruce
    6 years ago
    Paint the wainscoting and all trim, inc door, Pure White sw7005
  • PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    6 years ago

You kitchen looks to be coming along beautifully. As said above, the traditional way is to paint the trim and wainscotting the same color as the cabinets.

• picklla
    Original Author
    4 years ago

More pics

• Diane Meyers
    4 years ago

Looks amazing

• Gcubed
    4 years ago

I like the contrast. Looks really nice and the creamier cabinet color softens the space. I'm impressed you've kept it clean and clutter-free all these years!

• Jules M
    4 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• zaccaii
    4 years ago

Very nice! Are you liking the flow of the kitchen? Would you change anything? How wide is the entrance to kitchen? What is your space between island and perimeter, 42" ? Thanks!

• PRO
    Laura Bruce
    4 years ago

Very pretty

• Jen Jen
    4 years ago

It is beautiful! Love the gold hardware!

• annpariag
    4 years ago

Amazing! Love your kitchen. Enjoy.

4 years ago

What color/name is the countertop? I have white dove cabinets as well & want a “whiter” w/ grey grain & struggling to find right one. Love your look.

• liaariel
    3 years ago

Hi. Kitchen looks great. I also have white dove cabinets and I want to update our countertops from granite to quartz. What is the name of your countertop? And what did you use for your backsplash? white subway tiles? Thanks!

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

@picklla was your dove white cabinets by kraftmaid ??

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

@241089 any luck with countertops ? Having such a difficult time finding White quartz marble look with dove white kraftmaid cabinets

• Jennette Home
    3 years ago

picklla, it truly turned out gorgeous. I too have White Dove cabinets and am trying to match up a lighter quartzite or a granite. I love, love the Calacatta Marble with the White Dove cabinets....but marble's just too much maintenance for my personality/behavior.

Is Calacatta Laza a marble? And if so, how are you doing with it? Do you clean up liquids as soon as they fall, etc.? Would love to hear your experience with it.

It's funny that several of us at the end of this thread have White Dove kraftmaid cabinets! I just recently painted mine to be White Dove. They go so very well with my heart pine flooring.

• Jennette Home
    3 years ago

Ashley Phillips-- Me too! I was thinking that Shadow Storm might work....but then I think it's too white-white for White Dove. My White Dove looked almost yellow next to it. Some of the Shadow Storm DID have some yellow-ish veining....which was nice. This matching game is hard. You don't want to screw up something you've been working so hard to match!!!

• HU-402102896
    2 years ago

Does white dove look too creme/ yellow against countertops? We are planning to have same. We have lots of natural light throughout the day

• Kristin M
    last year

@Jennette Home whst color counters did you end up with? im going through this process now with dove cabinets and needing a whote quartz

• Kristin M
    last year

@Ashley Phillips what counters did you end up with ?

• Jennette Home
    last year

@Kristin M, I ended up with quartzite -- Shadow Storm. If I can find a pic, I'll post it.

• katieking123
    last year

@picklla your kitchen turned out beautifully! I'm also going with White Dove cabinets. I LOVE your pendant lights. Can you please share name and manufacturer?

• bathdilemna
    4 months ago

Are you still happy with your White Dove cabinets? not sure if its the same White Dove but we are about to have our cabinets painted Benjamin Moore White Dove and pair with quartz countertops (probably Polarstone Olympia) and white zellige 5x5 tile backsplash which has varying shades of whites/off whites etc I am a little nervous going with a creamy white but i think it will blend nicely with our other materials and do not want a stark white. Painting is scheduled to begin next week…

• HU-191574959
    3 months ago

whst color did you stain your hardwoods?