overtoncleaning

New cabinet paint is scratching easily

overtoncleaning

We just finished painting all of our kitchen cabinets and the paint is scratching off easily. We did everything right according to instructions and all of the websites and advice that I looked at. I removed all of the doors and hardware, sanded and primed them. We bought Valspar brand cabinet paint and sprayed it on. I've waited more than 2 weeks to let this paint cure without touching any of it. But when I leaned something against it yesterday it stuckslightly. And it received a light scrape from something else and it scraped the paint right off.

I'm so frustrated that we have spent so much time trying to do this the right and we spent money on a specialized paint that is supposed to stand up to a little bit of wear and tear but it won't even stand up to being touched.

Would putting a clear coat of satin polyurethane on this help? Any advice would be appreciated.