Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wcornett

Feeling GRAY! Paint help needed!

Wendy C
6 years ago
Need help completely changing color scheme of our newly purchased home! Can I get away with BM Gray Owl or do I need a warmer gray like SW Agreeable Gray or Repose Gray. Our old home had the white kitchen and gray throughout. Although we cant change cabinet and granite color for awhile...still want a complimentary gray for the cabinets. They arent as orange as in pic...somewhat of a light maple with glaze. Also is a darker gray suggested for morning room? Your advice is greatly appreciated!! This girl is losing her mind with grays!!

Comments (12)

• friedajune
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Ix-nay on any gray--warm or cool--with those beautiful wood floors. You are very lucky. Don't ruin what other people would kill to have in their homes.

• K Laurence
    6 years ago

I’d consider other colors ....warmer shades of white or do you like any other colors? What colors are in the countertops... hard to tell from the picture.

• Wendy C
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I prefer color through accessories rather than wall color. Although the dining room I will make a statement color. The granite is white, gray, beige, and perhaps a slight touch of maroon.
  • OneRidgeOff
    6 years ago

My previous home had warm wood tones much like yours- you have a gorgeous backdrop to work with! I used Benjamin Moore Muslin. Great off-white neutral with a mild warm tone without being too beige or yellow. I also agree that gray is not going to work well.

• dyliane
    6 years ago

No gray with this kitchen and floors, there's other colors in the world

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    6 years ago

OneRidgeoff- thanks for the information as we are in the middle of our build & I was thinking what to go with for interior color as it is a wide open space.. and we have fir beams & posts

& window trim

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 years ago

What a beautiful home.

I am not a grey fan. Especially not in this wonderful home full of wood tones.

• K Laurence
    6 years ago

Square peg, round hole situation.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

You are going to need area rugs to tone down the floors. The cabinets don’t bother me at all…kind of a mustard with a brown glaze.

B.M. Moonshine for the kitchen walls.

B.M. Winter Lake…for the red room…dining(?)

• Wendy C
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you for your suggestions. I like this color palette very much! Yes area rugs are a must to tone it down. As you can see, they replaced carpeted areas with the acacia flooring but kept the old Bruce floors. I have an area rug very similar to the one you shared as well. Thank you again!
  • hopingtogetfit
    6 years ago
    Try a sample of BM Ballet White.