Software
Houzz Logo Print
kwickham

Talk me out of buying the GM induction double oven slide in range!

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I think I have found my dream induction range. I can't find anything that I don't like about it. Anyone know of any cons to this range? It is the model #CHS995SELSS. I have searched for reviews and found a few, mostly good. I have a couple months to finalize my decision. TIA

Comments (10)

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks Robert, I did read those posts. I might be an idiot, but I still want it. Have you decided?

  • 8 years ago

    I’m in the same boat. It has every feature I’d want. No other induction range really comes close. This range just seems so much more superior to any other.

    Only one better for me would be the 36” Wolf range, but I would never be able to afford it. No idea about their service either.

    GE has been doing induction forever. I gotta trust them some because of that. I can handle service issues too. I’m patient. Longevity seems to be 5-7 years across the board. If I have to spend $1k in 7 years to fix something to get another 5-7 years out of it, maybe not the end of the world?

  • 8 years ago

    My feelings are the same. I won't be ready for it until this summer, so we will see if there will be anything else new in the horizon.

  • 8 years ago

    Good to know!

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks Joe. I will also probably be purchasing late Spring early Summer so we’ll see what happens between now and then. More people will own it and for longer by then. Hope all the bugs get worked out. Speaking of bugs, it is also nice you can update the software through a wifi connection. Have already heard of some updates improving the range and it’s only been out a few months.

    KAREN thanked Robert Brown
  • 8 years ago

    I am trying to decide between this model and the single oven model. With the double oven, I would plan to use the top more often, but only the bottom oven is convection. This may not be a factor for you, but I think will be a big factor in my final decision!

  • 8 years ago

    My daughter has a double oven non induction range and we most certainly use the top oven the most. I'm not sure if not having convection in the top oven is a deal breaker or not, since I have never used a convection oven.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I have the KitchenAid double-oven free standing induction. I have found the smaller top oven just doesn't need convection. But I'm also OCD and if I need convection, but still two ovens, I plan accordingly to allow the item not needing convection to go in the top oven and bottom for convection. The only way you'll have two ovens, both offering convection is a double oven wall oven. I know of no double oven freestanding range that offers double convection ovens. Not even the Frigideaire with equal size double ovens.