Software
Houzz Logo Print
loni_carter84

Anyone built or building House Plan Zone Coronado aka 51753HZ?

8 years ago

My husband and I really love this plan, but would love to know if anyone else has built it or is currently building it. According to Architectural Design someone is either currently building or has built it in Georgia (where we live)! I would love to find out where and see what modifications they made. Looks like they added a fireplace inside and outside. I contacted AD, but they can't help.


51753HZ in Georgia

Arch. Design Link

HPZ - Coronado

Comments (18)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Surely you can do better than this plan. One must walk through a very small kitchen/dining area to get to the master, the laundry room is miles from 3 of the bedrooms, and the office will be dark and useless.

    Do yourself a favor and hire an architect and start over. Building is far too costly to make huge design mistakes that cannot be fixed once it's built.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    "Gorgeous Craftsman House" translates to, and is more descriptive by, "Draftsman's Hodge-Podge". Take Ang's advice for everyone's sake.

  • 8 years ago

    BTW: There is absolutely nothing craftsman about this house.

  • 8 years ago

    @One Devoted Dame - Thank you for the feedback, that is very helpful! :)

    Basically we are looking for a 1 story house with bonus space at a minimum & maximum of 2,600 square feet. We considered a 2 story house, but the minimum square footage would have to be 3,200 and I'm not sure we can make that work in our budget.

    • Here is the list of what we like:
      • 4 Bedrooms/2.5 Bathrooms

      • Split Bedroom Plan

      • Dual Vanity in both full baths

      • Open Floor Plan

      • Kitchen Island that overlooks great room

      • Office

      • Storage Space in Garage

      • Walk in Pantry

      • Good Sized Laundry Room

      • Bonus Room

      • The bedrooms, bathrooms, closet are decently sized

      • We aren't opposed to hiring a professional. This one seemed like it would work for us, but I really wanted to see pictures of one that has been built to help give me an idea of the actual layout.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    This one seemed like it would work for us, but I really wanted to see pictures of one that has been built to help give me an idea of the actual layout.

    Many professionals have 3D rendering software, enabling clients to "walk through" designs. I've even heard of the use of virtual reality goggles by some! :-)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I've tried the VR goggles. Way too weird for me. Until it gets a lot better I'll stick with viewing my 3D stuff on screen.

  • 8 years ago

    3D would definitely help and VR would be pretty cool to try!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Here is a link to a 3D viewing system. https://bimx.graphisoft.com. You would have to download the app to be able to play with any of the models. They have a free consumer version and a pro version.

    Loni Carter thanked Summit Studio Architects
  • 8 years ago

    We are building a similar floor plan. https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/modern-farmhouse-plan-with-bonus-room-51754hz Though not the same house as yours, it has a similar layout and I found that our floor plan is being built in Myrtle Beach, SC., with it showcased in the parade of homes in March. If you aren't too far away from there, you could always drive to go look at it. That's what we plan on doing. We already have our floor plan, but we are interested in seeing what changes they made to the original plan. (They did add an extra fireplace on the back porch).

    I do want to say that as long as you love it, that's all that matters. You will hear a lot of negative things about the layout, as I did on mine, but the I love the layout.

    Anyway, here is the link to the magazine. http://site.myrtlebeachhomebuilders.org/event/new-home-parade-4/  It's listed on page 11 of the magazine.

    Loni Carter thanked teddbear
  • 8 years ago

    teddbear is right if you love the layout that's all that matters. However it can't hurt to listen to those who can read a floor plan and point out the good and the bad in one. Especially when things such as light is involved or when master baths are taking up outside corners instead of master bedrooms.

    Loni Carter thanked cpartist
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    If "you love it", why are you posting here and asking for comments?

    Of course, everyone who loves what they are doing should just do what they love.

    On the other hand, if one wants critical evaluations from folks who have the experience to make evaluations, then certainly post here. But you can't predict what these folks are going to say.

    Love it or ask for critical evaluations.

    Take your pick.

    Loni Carter thanked Virgil Carter Fine Art
  • 8 years ago

    Virgil Carter Fine Art She was asking if anyone has built it, so she could gets ideas on modifications. She didn't ask for critical evaluations on it.

    Loni Carter thanked teddbear
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you for the info Teddbear! I wish I could drive to Myrtle Beach for that! That would be fun.


    @Virgil Carter Fine Art - We think we love the plan, but don't want to commit to it without at least seeing interior pictures or possibly seeing the house already built in person. It is currently being built in Georgia, so I'm hoping that will be a possibility.


    I'll take any input that is helpful. We aren't committed to the plan, it's just the only one I have come across that seems to cover everything we are looking for.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    If you aren't opposed to hiring a professional, then throw out all preconceived plans and hire a local architect to design a home with you that meets your needs and fits your site.

    Any interior images of of a house will most likely look very nice, but the layout may still be rotten. Many people settle for someone else's house with a few adjustments and plop it on their site, then adjust their life to fit it. Some people call four walls and a roof "Craftsman Style". It seems like few people do what little it takes to create a good home for themselves that is truly for them and graces the landscape.

  • 8 years ago

    I have been looking at the same plan. I know the laundry room is close to the garage but ours is currently right outside the master bedroom and I love it. I think the floor plan would work for us. I did see photos online of the same house but the interior was over the top and didn't match the style of the house. I'll search for it and link it.

    Loni Carter thanked Amy Gonzalez
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you! I contacted House Plan Zone and Jonathan said he has some photos but didn't think the designer did a good job with colors, etc. which is why they haven't been posted on any of the sites. I'm supposed to get copies soon. I wonder if it's the same photos you found?

  • 8 years ago

    This one is similar on the front. The view is flipped but the plan is different. It's too gaudy for my taste. I thought about going to a local architect but they pretty much design the same house for everyone. It's usually a 4,000sft house brown rock homes and way over my budget.


    https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/craftsman-house-plan-with-rustic-exterior-and-bonus-above-the-garage-51746hz