Software
Houzz Logo Print
atlcharm

Trey Ceilings, yay or nay!

8 years ago

I think they are ugly and it seems to be in every new construction home. In fact, you identify the master bedroom by whether or not it has a trey ceiling. I hate them, it's so over used and cookie cutter.

trey.jpg
trey 2.jpg

Comments (24)

  • 8 years ago
    I hate them!!! Where is the Nay option???
  • 8 years ago

    Leave it up to me to set the poll up incorrectly!!! lol. Forgot to add the Nay. smh

  • 8 years ago

    :). Lol

    i don’t personally have one, but it wouldn’t matter to me either way..

  • 8 years ago

    Nope. They mostly look silly.


  • 8 years ago

    No to tray ceilings.

  • 8 years ago

    I could take it or leave it. Why so much hate?

  • 8 years ago

    No hating, but they are hideous to me. lol

  • 8 years ago
    I don’t care for ones that are plain. But tray ceilings that are dressed up with wood planking, moldings, etc. can look really nice.
  • 8 years ago
    Nay!
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    It's simply a matter of taste. Take time to visualize how it would look specifically in your room. I imagine you want them if you're asking about them!

  • 8 years ago

    Nope don't want them. Just tired of seeing them in every home I look at!!! lol


  • 8 years ago

    I hate them too, with very few exceptions. I didn't vote because both of those options are both 'yay' {yes} options and there is no option for 'nay' {no}. I would have voted NAY --{no tray ceilings -ugly.}

  • 8 years ago

    I don’t like them because most of the time they are in spaces that got a tray ceiling to try to fancy up something with no architectural soul to speak of to begin with.

  • 8 years ago

    That's it!!! Put there with no thought at all, other than pretense!!!

  • 8 years ago

    It totally depends on the style of the house and the design scheme. There can be versions of a tray ceiling that don't look cookie cutter.

  • 8 years ago
    I love them!
  • 8 years ago

    Our house came w/ them -We bought an existing house that already had the upgrades. Honestly, we could take or leave them. However, we plan to remove a wall and the adjacent room has trey ceiling. So, we will have to remove it, for we'd rather have a continuous high ceiling.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    However, it is an interesting touch. It's a way to distinguish areas within a large great room, such as in this multi-gen McMillan model home in So Cal.

  • PRO
  • 8 years ago

    I don't mind the ones you posted K. Haus. They are simple and understated.

  • 8 years ago

    NAY! and now can anyone tell me who I can call to remove mine in our bedroom? There are three fire sprinklers in the middle of it too. This is actually a pretty urgent thing for me as I am done sleeping under all that mess. Help please!


  • 7 years ago

    When done right - they're amazing! Most people who don't like them aren't doing them right in my opinion.

    Mary Trantow · More Info


  • 7 years ago

    Don't love, don't hate. I'm fine with or without.