Software
Houzz Logo Print
woweffects

In honor of Father's Day, I wanted to share one of my favorite before and after mural projects.

I hand painted an entire lower level and bar area for a family that wanted to hang out in a pirate ship. The floorboards were matched and painted into the murals to "trick the eye" into thinking the space was much larger. I completed the room just before Halloween so my client hosted a huge pirate themed Halloween party. Happy Father's Day to all!

Comments (21)

  • 13 years ago
    Very nice!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here's a few more pics from the project.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thank you for the nice compliment @ huttonxs3.
  • 13 years ago
    Wow! Very impressive.
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked kellyography
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @fgprahl and kellyography, thank you so much, I really appreciate the kind words. :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Okay - who are you? Oh, a skilled artisan! This would be fun to see in person and how well you've created the the wall rooms - Was surprised by this B & A! very creative
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Paradise Landscaping, Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could bring all potential clients into some of the spaces that I have painted. Pictures never do the artwork justice.
  • 13 years ago
    That artwork is awesome. If ever how much it will cost to hire you guys to that to our walls as well?
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked Warren Mullins
  • 13 years ago
    Wonderful mural - the flow of the floor into the picture is fabulous!
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked msp1tzer
  • 13 years ago
    This is the best trompe l'oeil I've ever seen! It's fantastic.
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked gurumanjohn
  • 13 years ago
    You are amazingly talented.
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked User
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Well Done and Ditto to everything above. You are one talented person!!
    Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings thanked Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @ Warren Mullins, Thank you! I thought you might get a kick out of knowing that I named my daughter Sedona. :)
    Arizona is one of our favorite places.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @ msp1tzer, Thank you so much. While I was painting the scene with the table, my client's cat literally tried to walk into the mural. It didn't work out too well for her. I ended up painting the cat into the mural since she wanted to be in it so badly. :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @ gurumanjohn, thank you for the best compliment I have ever received.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @ elklaker, I appreciate the compliment. :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @ Carolyn C, Aways nice to hear that, thank you very much. :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    A few more close ups :)
  • 13 years ago
    I dabble in painting so when my daughter wanted a mural in her long and narrow bathroom I went searching for ideas that she might like. It took me a few weeks but I'm proud of what I did. I really felt like an artist.
    That was 4 years ago...this year I did another mural in my granddaughters bedroom. The princesses and castle are a Disney sticker kit. I did the rest.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Palatti, nice job, I'm sure they love the painting even more knowing mom and grandma did it for them :)