Software
Houzz Logo Print
smugsy1122

To orange or not to orange

13 years ago
In decorating my new home, my biggest challenge has been making colors work together. Finally after 10 months an 10 gallons of paint later, my open space family room/kitchen is where I want it to be. The walls are a sandstone with sprinkling of blue and orange throughout. In fact, every room downstairs just naturally ended up a touch of orange in it. I'm still not happy that the other separate rooms in the house don't flow, but that is to be tackled years from now.

In my "still a work in progress" dining room, I wanted to fill a big blank wall with flea market find empty picture frames that I repainted. I figure I would do the blue and orange with some neutrals. The walls are a dark stone gray, so I was hoping it would work. Now that it is done, I'm not so sure. Another issue I have is this painting that we found that fit the space quite well. It has no orange in it and the two walls are competing with each other.

so.... does the orange work? If so, I can add some orange to the painting. If not, is it okay for me to skip my unifying color of orange in this downstairs space.

Comments (8)