Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
designerideabooks

Tide Clean Breeze Discontinued

5 years ago

Needless to say, I was shocked this week when I ventured into both Wal-Mart & Target and were unable to find my reliable powder. I checked through the aisle like crazy and was stunned not to find it anywhere. This used to be one of P&G's core Tide Products, but not anymore.

I called P&G this morning, to ask... and the women informed me that Clean Breeze powder was no longer being manufactured in the regular powder, bleach alternative powder, and... Plus a Touch of Downy Powder. And that the Liquid Clean Breeze is currently being phased out, and they've already discontinued Tide W/Bleach Liquid Clean Breeze.

Not only that but she was entirely unsympathetic, and repeatedly told me I should try using the new Pods or trying a liquid in my machine. Like seriously, don't give me that bull s@%t. I wanted to scream F U over the phone. Like... what kind of nerve to tell me how to do my laundry.

I'm just so pissed off honestly. I started using Clean Breeze reluctantly, as it was the only scent I sorta liked after they went and screwed up Original Scent In 2014. Now... it's gone, and most places only carry that nasty, original. It's just upsetting, it really is. I'm going to have to find a new "everyday" powder at some point to use for regular things.

Anyway... if any of you like this particular Tide. Now is the time to buy it. No telling what will happen to the Downy companion.

Comments (15)

• 5 years ago

Yes and I've been looking everywhere for it with no luck. P&G has really gone to far to discontinue the only scent they offer that I like.

I'm in line with you.

• 5 years ago

I am not surprised, albeit very unhappy. My grandma recently stopped using Tide powder altogether because she can't find any of the Clean Breeze scented powder either. Very upsetting. The liquid was a staple at our house for years. We would be more inclined to use it if there were more variations with the scent, such as Ultra Stain Release Clean Breeze, etc.

• 5 years ago

I think we should all stop buying Tide.

Stick it to P&G.

I haven't used it in years.

• 5 years ago

The new tide with oxi powder is very similar to clean breeze scent.

• 5 years ago

I did see the Tide with Oxi powder and can't believe I forgot to huff it.

• 5 years ago

I’ve been using the Tide Oxy powder and out of the dryer the smell reminds me so much of the wonderful “Clothesline Fresh” scent from the 80’s.

• 5 years ago

Are we sure Clean Breeze has had the axe? I haven't seen it in my Walmart in awhile than yesterday the shelf was full of Tide Clean Breeze.

Gosh I love the crisp, herbal scent of this stuff.

• 5 years ago

Well... it's no longer on any shelfs in my area. So, it took three months for it to disappear :/

Has anyone seen it at Big Lots, or similar close out stores. I need to find some more before it's fully gone.

• 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Here you go:

Tide Clean Breeze

Appears to be in stock. Place a humongous order to have your supply in hand.

• 5 years ago

I found powder and liquid in my W-M so I bought a few of each. Ahhhhh......love the fragrance

• 5 years ago

It's available by me and has the new translucent caps. Are we really sure it's been discontinued?

• 5 years ago

P&G recently told me..a month ago that Clean Breeze has not been discontinued. My Walmart didn't have any for several weeks but must have just been out as the shelves are plentiful with the powder and liquid now.

• 5 years ago

The Powder is gone. Check out the Tide Website and you'll notice there is no more store finder link for Tide Clean Breeze Powder, nor does it show any available sizes in production. Tide Plus a Touch of Downy Clean Breeze is completely gone.

Also -

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tide-Clean-Breeze-HE-Turbo-Powder-Laundry-Detergent-68-Loads-95-Oz/21675344

It says "This item is no longer available

We're unable to show you buying options for this item."

And it's been cut off Target.com

The Powder has been discontinued... and the liquid variety is current under a market phase out. It'll probably be gone in 6-9 months.

Not quite sure where you received that information MamaPinky. They certainly didn't know the details. :/

Like I said -- if anyone see's Tide Clean Breeze in the Powder variety at any close out stores, or similar places, can you let me know. Walmart & Target here has none on the shelves.

• 5 years ago

I called P&G earlier this afternoon and got completely conflicting advice. I was told that it was still being manufactured and produced, but only in "Tide + a touch of Downy, Clean Breeze" and no longer in the regular variety, when it comes to powder.

Almost every store has completely dropped the Downy Edition, and I was already told it was discontinued... so they are absolutely clueless.

I want to personally thank @Larisa Batchelor, for finding it, and at a wonderful price compared to a lot of other retailers. I really appreciate it, and hadn't seen it on Amazon. I'm going to snap up a few boxes, and try to check out a few straggler retailers in my area that might still have some stock.

Like I said before... if anyone notices it at a Closeout store or similar... I'd really appreciate the report. I'm so disappointed that after ruining their Original Scent, they go and destroy Clean Breeze. I really have enjoyed the cleaning and power of Tide Powder, and the idea of it being taken away from me... is downright painful. I just can't stand the original scent... which is so gaggy and awful. I can't use it.

But what I'm realizing is with Persil Power Pearls also gone, and All Powder is few & far between... there really are no decent powder detergent's left to use. Once upon a time, we even had decent store brands like Sears, Up & Up, and Great Value Powder that was worth using. I'm not even a fan of Pods... so I'm going to have to start to migrate to a freaking, liquid detergent.

How crappy.