Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristina_cobb26

Nursery Help/Advice

Kristina Cobb
5 years ago
Pink or white comforter? We are doing all white furniture (pieces not pictured) and I can’t decide which bedding to pick. I’m also debating on the rug - will the cream contrast too much with the furniture? If so, any other color or rug suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

i like the cream rug. i'd do a pink comforter to break up all the white.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

You're having a girl! Embrace the pink!

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I will leave the discussion of what items are allowed in a crib and what items are verboten to you and your pediatrician (and for how long- no bedding until when.) As for the decorating question. PINK, pretty please. I love the buffalo check on the wall.

Congratulations, btw!!!!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

tallgrass,, don't you think that when the baby is in the crib, it won't have all the decor elements. after all, do you sleep in your bed like they decorate in pictures? no. you remove all the big shams and decorative pillows, and pull down the huge comforter.

I'm sure the poster doesn't need advice on how to place her infant in a crib. good lord.

• mercurygirl
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Pink, of course. What is the flooring now, carpet? Think practically, because in six months or so baby will be crawling, and drooling, and spitting up, etc. Don't buy a deep pile rug, or any, unless it's easily cleaned and preferably non-toxic material. Oh yeah, and anything they find in it - into the mouth. GL

• gigirambles
    5 years ago

Congrats! And I also love the wall; is that wallpaper? Very nice.

• tallgrassdesign
    5 years ago
    Beth, you have a valid point. When it comes to babies, safety always comes to my mind first. My apologies to the original poster if I came off sounding abrupt. I truly hope you enjoy the preparation and arrival of you baby girl. Go team pink!
  • Kristina Cobb
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you for your help everyone!! Yes, all bedding has the thumbs up from the pediatrician, although I appreciate your concern. This is an exciting time for us and I truly appreciate all of your input!!
  • Kristina Cobb
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yes it’s wallpaper from Pottery Barn Kids! Our little girl may not remember it, but it’ll make me happy during those long nights!
  • Lynn Oxenford
    5 years ago
    Definitely white
  • Bri Bosh
    5 years ago
    I would go pink although I never understood buying comforters and quilts that can’t be used anyway. Seems a waste to me.
  • Bri Bosh
    5 years ago
    Also need a bigger full room view to make a call on the rug but from what you’ve posted it looks like white will be fine.
  • bpath
    5 years ago

Just gotta say, the buffalo check is wonderful.