kathyptc

Arhaus furniture quality?

I am considering purchasing a sectional and leather chair from Arhaus. However, when I search for reviews online, they are a bit questionable in terms of quality and customer service. Does anyone have experience with a purchase from Arhaus?

• Kimberly M. Huh

Any reviews on the Kipton sectional or Meridian (Blue Stone) dining table?

• Christy Tipping

Kimberly, I was told the blue stone scratches badly. One of the salespeople whispered it to me when they saw me looking at it.

• Michelle Buffill

I wish I had done my research and read reviews prior to my purchase. I purchased the Landsbury, 3 piece sectional with Chaise and the 1 1/2 chair last year. After 3 months of waiting and no updates, I literally had to search for my furniture myself. The salesperson, who I felt initially was a sweetheart, and probably still is, also did not know where my furniture was. I took it upon myself to locate my furniture. Apparently, my furniture was stuck in some warehouse in Ohio, but there was only the sofa and not the chair. I, myself scheduled the delivery for both items to be delivered together. 4 month waiting period, chair took longer. Ok, that wasn't the worse part. After patiently waiting, upon delivery, the delivery people said they only had the sofa and not the chair. I was upset and upon calling customer service, they actually had the chair on the truck. My husband and I are anal about everything. We are not Rockefeller's, and spending a little close to $7,000 is not pocket change for us. We checked the furniture and low and behold it was damaged. The material was ripped in several places and had runs in the material in several places. The wood was also uneven on the chaise and on the backside of the chair the wood is indented! The chair had a beautiful flower pattern that also had runs and loose threading in several places. I refuse to let them put the furniture in my home. I wanted them to take it back and give me a refund. Policy, no refunds on customized furniture. Customer service spoke to me in length and convinced me to keep the furniture until..... and that I could change it with equal value or if I chose something more expensive, I would have to pay the difference. I agreed because we started paying into our furniture a month after purchasing, even though we had no furniture (Interesting policy). In the middle of looking for an exchange Covid happened. I immediately assumed that they had closed and I waited it out. My mistake, they only closed for about 2 months. I never heard from anyone and I should have checked. Waiting until now, because of many different reasons and especially Covid, I called at the end of September. No one reached out to me, maybe because of Covid?

We are afraid, very afraid! after reading so many reviews and not finding enough information on the different sofas they offer. I wish everyone who leaves a review, would state the names of the sofas they buy. Also, the fabric I picked for my chair is no longer available. (There will be no even exchange on the chair) I also can't believe that Macy's sells some of the same brand furniture for so much less! We are taking our time trying to figure out what to buy that won't fall apart on us and hoping to get our money's worth. I really want things to work. I wish I could get my money back! I do not want to write to the BBB or any other site, just yet. I strongly believe that quality is gone. I have purchased different types of furniture from Ethan Allen, Bograds, and fine furniture stores in Brooklyn. I can honestly say Ethan Allen makes quality furniture. I dislike speaking ill of sales people. But I believe people can use their better judgement and common sense from my review. I find myself to be fair but picky and weary given the entire situation. I will provide an update soon. I pray for the best. Godspeed!

• Jp Spare

I furnished my house with arhaus. I bought a huge sectional (don’t remember the name) it’s 10years old been through a 8/11yr old and still looks great. The backs of the couch need refilled which is why I was searching and came across this thread. I am not opposed to buying a new couch and it needed cleaned (450$). So I took a shot and I pulled off all the covers and washed them on delicate 2x each with an extra rinse the couch looks brand new. So I’m keeping it and refilling the backs. Arhaus wanted close to 4K for new inserts. (The backs broke down after 5 years with flipping every 4 months) anyone recommend polyfil? My dining table is expandable with 2 leafs. It’s not very sturdy and flexes with the leafs in. The finish is amazing but scratches if you touch it I’ve used it 2x in 10 years. And am actually going to sell it. For 1200$ (paid 3000+)

• BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/MA

Polyfil is likely just going to squish almost immediately. I would get a piece of foam as a base (Joann Fabrics or similar should sell it), then put Polyfil around that, and wrap the whole mess in batting, so it's tidy and will go into the covers nicely.

• tb151

I posted 3 months ago about their horrible service and how my broken couch frame had still not been addressed since March. Guess what, it still isn't and they think maybe by Mid November. AVOID ARHAUS. This is more of a joke than I can even begin to describe. They totally suck

• BlueberryBundtcake - 6a/MA

Are they not working with you or having issues sourcing a new frame? A lot of manufacturers have supply chain or shipping delays related to the pandemic ... tons of furniture type stuff is backordered, often without a definitive date. Are you encountering a backordered part?

DON’T DO IT!!!! They don’t stand behind their products!!!!!!!!!

RHAUS SUCKS..... THEY ARE A RIP OFF.. WE PAID 10K FOR OUR COUCH AND ITS THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THING EVER!!!! THEY DONT USE THE SAME PRODUCT OR MATERIAL AS THEY DO ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR..... BUYER BEWARE....BE VERY AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a couch and leather chair which are holding up well, but the tuffed leather ottoman is not wearing well at all, and I barely use it. Sat on it once briefly (i weigh 110 pounds) and the foam filling looked dented and depressed after, it looks less tuffed in spots, leather looks fake and is getting wrinkly, color is fading off wood legs??

• tb151

To provide an update on my couch being broken since the beginning of March, a new muslin base section was FINALLY delivered on November 12th, 8 months after the claim began. I put the slipcover on and sat down directly on to a piece of the wood frame. They somehow manufactured the frame wrong and a support beam is raised way to high right between where the cushions are. So yeah, the flexolator deck (cheap) spring suspension which supports the cushions is actually below that. Hmmm, not sure how that works. After calling immediately they said , oh, please take pictures and we'll open up a new claim. So it's been broken since March and now we're starting over. Since then I've received NO updates despite calling them 6 times, emailing, and being told on 3 separate occasions that a supervisor would call me back. Soooo, if you have a problem, this is what you're in for. Fair warning. Btw, McCreary Modern makes this for them, it's right on the sticker on the left.

• smrn51

Awful! I purchased their Remington Belgian linen white sofa and chair, and bought the Montage extended warranty. When my pet got sick on the sofa i called to get service and they wouldnt honor because i cleaned up the vomit!!!!! When i called ARHAUS “Concierge Service: to intervene they would do NOTHING to help. SM

• Jp Spare

I know someone who was the head product developer. She would travel the world and pick out pieces for pennies on the dollar. The markup is unbelievable. Also I believe she said crate and barrel uses the same company to build their furniture and it’s a little cheaper with better service

• Timi M

Gosh, it sounds like their quality and service have seriously deteriorated :(. Shame.

• Tracy Ellis

Update on Brentwood sectional that I ordered July 3rd. I finally had it delivered today so it took six months to get it but it is very nice and just what I wanted. Was suppose to be twelve weeks to deliver but took six months. I did select a special order leather and the sales lady kept me posted on a regular basis which I did appreciate. She blamed it on COVID and saying everyone was backed up in the industry from the virus so I just tried to be patient and wait especially since it was special order leather and I paid an enormous amount of money. You have to pay half up front when ordering and the other half before delivery. The delivery went off seamlessly with calls and email updates and everything on time. No problems at all. I’m very happy and hopefully this sectional will hold up and last for years to come.

Arielle Mizrahi Design

Any feedback for the Cordelia dining table?

• Courtney Childers

I am wondering about the Cordelia table as well. Considering purchasing

• The Real Doris

I recently purchased two of the Arhaus Pryor leather chairs because the price was reduced to $1,300 per chair. Wow, what a learning.

I've furnished my entire house in Room and Board products, which are pricey but have proven exceptional in both quality and service. They offer an identical chair for $2k per chair, but in this case I decided to save myself some money and go with the Arhaus. I don't regret the savings but I'm stunned by the imperfections in the product. I'm not beyond covering dings in my furniture with a wood marker but these have already been done! Badly, I might add. And at $1,300/chair it's not like they're giving them away.

Rather than tangle with Arhaus (don't get me going about the communication and delivery service), I suspect I'll keep them and the savings, and chalk it off to experience - my mid-century modern chairs that came with authentic used character. But certainly I won't be giving them any additional business.

• Daniel Gutwein

I purchased two cane back chairs about 12 months ago. One arrived with a small hole in the cane back but we didn't think too much of it as they are rarely ever used. However, when one of our family members sat in the chair on thanksgiving, it ripped from top to bottom. This, however, isn't the issue. The issue is I've been emailing Arhaus for a month now and cannot get anyone to respond. I've called three times and have been told someone would call me back to resolve the issue. They are not good with customer service. Photo below of the chair.

• Timi M

Good grief. What happened to this company?!!?

• clt3

Call Brian Galley. 330-903-1872

• Mary

We have a 6 year old Emory sectional from Arhaus and the Sunbrella slipcover is so easy to clean and the piece is so comfy!

• Mary

We have a 6 year old Emory sectional from Arhaus and the Sunbrella slipcover is so easy to clean and the piece is so comfy! I was there this week shopping for new home and will pass based on recent reviews, Bummer

• NumNum Dorvel

Hi there! My husband and I are looking to buy the Brentwood sectional in a custom leather option. We're being told the lead time is 16 weeks, which is OK with us, especially given the circumstances of COVID. Our main concerns are around the quality of the couch and based on the comments here, the quality of the delivery (i.e. whether the couch will come in w/o any issues and damage and if there is damage, our local sales person will help resolve issues). Our sales contact has been very helpful so far and reviews for our store (Houston) on Google reviews are also positive. At this point, my husband and I have spent countless hours looking at couches from West Elm, RH, PB, Bassett, Laz Boy, Arhaus, and even our local Amish furniture store. We have found a few comfortable options at West Elm, PB, Laz Boy, Arhaus...but reviews at every single place has our concerned about the quality of couches being sold these days....geez. This is a pretty large purchase for us and one we hope will hold up for about 7-10 yrs. Requesting folks that own a Brentwood leather sectional to please provide your feedback. Thank !

• tb151

Mcreary Modern makes alot of the furniture for Arhaus, West Elm & Pottery Barn. The different stores all spec them out differently so they could have similar things, but with different specs/options and obviously price points.

• Colleen T

I've been following this thread because I was looking for a leather sectional and looked everywhere, including Arhuas. I finally settled on a large leather sectional from Arizona Leather. I am so pleased with my purchase; quality is great, customer service has been excellent (we needed some extra fill for one of the cushions) and the leather is sooo easy to clean. We have had it a year, and it is beautiful. Just thought I'd give a recommendation for Arizona Leather. I forgot which company makes their furniture but it can be found in a search here on Houzz.

• Jp Spare

Just an FYI. I originally posted my back cushions were sagging. And it was 4000$ to replace all the inserts. I did end up filling with polyfil and re stitching. I will tell you each back insert was filled with polyfil and maybe 100 goose feathers when I opened it. I was shocked. It was 99.9% fil. It sagged because the fil inside had compressed.

• Laura Holt

any feedback on the Coburn sectional?

• kimtreadway

I purchased the Landsbury sectional, Kensington round table, and Adele chairs in February 2020, delivered April 2020. I had to return the Adele caneback chairs as they were not well made and after sitting in them a few times I can see the wear on the wood. I replaced them with the Lunden chair. Customer service was horrible at the time (multiple calls to resolve) but I had chalked it up to limited staff for Covid but ultimately resolved. The Landsbury sofa is comfortable and I like it but the back pillows don’t hold their shape as I expected, requires a lot of fluffing. The double chaise back pillow insert was replaced by Arhaus. Before selecting the Landsbury sectional, I shopped at all of the furniture stores in my area and the products at Arhaus were the nicest at that time.

I had previous experience with Arhaus as I purchased a leather sofa, chair and ottoman that has held up to kids and multiple household moves over 15 years and we are still using.

• tjrosson

Don't buy the Rio benches. They are junk. I bought a set. The legs which attach by screws were different lengths, so the benches didn't sit flat on the floor. Arhaus then agreed to send a second set of benches. Same problem. There's clearly a quality control issue here. Credit to Arhaus for trying to make it right, but I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

I have a comment, don’t do it! We purchased $10,000 from the Schaumburg store. Once we received the couch which was all stock items except for three additional pillows we ordered we found out that the couch was just too big for our room. we went to return it and exchange for something else and were told the entire order was a special order and it would cost us $3000 to return the couch Jeff the store manager. Would not budge. Long story short, it cost us $3000 to return a stock item because of three special order pills. Use caution!

• joco1111

I bought the Remington sectional. I loved the look and how similar it is to the RH Maxwell. It was delivered last week and the dimmensions were over 2.5" shorter than the size we ordered which meant that the depth was 37" insted of 40". It's way to short to sit on. The length and width were also cut short. I contacted Arhaus immediately and they were going to look into the problem and have since gone radio silent. A week has passed and I have a mini sectional sitting in my family room and I am livid. The fact that they weren't absolutely mortified to know what an error they made was a telling sign in the beginning. WORST COSTUMER SERVICE! I am going to file a complaint with BBB. If you look at the BBB website for this company there are MANY other complaints about the products they received. Save yourselves the headache and order from somewhere else. If anyone bought a similar looking sofa they are happy with let me know....I am back to square one!

We have six of these chairs: https://www.arhaus.com/furniture/dining-room-furniture/dining-room-chairs/torino-dining-chair/

Within 2 months the backs and seats no longer fit together well making for very unstable chairs. We purchased the Worry Free (hassle full) protection. Long story short, after a quick phone call, I was emailed a form to fill out and return within 30 days. I failed to meet the deadline my bad! AND I recently followed up only to be told that I cannot file a claim for the same furniture again EVEN though they never had to fulfill ANYTHING after I made the first claim. Terrible service in my opinion, after all we bought much more than these six chairs. No help from the Worry Free company (which btw is not Arhaus). And not follow up as promised by the local Arhaus store where we purchased the items. We are sorely disappointed that within 3 years we will have to replace these (not so cheap) chairs. 1 star (only because we like their styles)

I have the margot chairs (cane back) in stone wash...

I need to touch up some areas...does anyone have a recommendation for furniture marker or anything of that sort that works?

Ty so much!!!

• Kimberly Frederick

Great! We just bought a Kipton Double Chaise ! Hoping for a better experience, 16 weeks to go 😳

• Rachel Weiss

I ordered the colburn sectional and the color fades or rubs of. There were a few tiny milk specks from my daughter and I used a paper towel with water to dab the spots, to fades the color significantly and left faded dots. It took them a month to respond and they told me it was not a product defect, but my fault for using it..Norma wear and tear. If had furniture that looked new ten years later. I’ve had the is for little over a year and it looks terrible!

• Alex Dimitry

I was all set on order a Kimpton sectional and this thread sure has me worried

• Brendan King

Did anyone buy the Madden sectional? How is it?! Thinking of getting it. It's looks amazing but also concerned about some bad reviews about Arhaus.

• yyaai

Check out Maiden home. They are amazing. I got the Sullvian sofas and you really can tell the quality. The comfort, finishing, performance fabric, stitching all amazing

• K. Schul

We absolutely love our Arhaus Landsbury sectional! We’ve had it for 2 months and have had no issues and delivery was 2 weeks early. Although expensive, it’s a quality piece of furniture!

• Partap Verma

Looking to buy the Madden too. I’ve never seen a sectional like that before!!

• Brendan King

We ended up buying it but won't take delivery of it until the summer. It's amazing (in the store at least). Hoping delivery and all of that goes well.

• C Michele Simon

Katie D, we bought two Ashby sofas from Arhaus and are still dealing with a nightmare.

• Dwight Adams

Coburn sectional any good?

• Kimberly M. Huh

I bought the kipton sectional and have been regularly lounging on it for the past two months! Yesterday at our house warming, a toddler accidentally threw kimchee on my light colored couch. Yes, KIMCHEE! My heart dropped. Surprisingly, with a little bit of cold water and dish soap, it came right off. I can’t believe the stain came right off the fabric like it was nothing. Made me love the sectional even more! Not only is it top quality, it’s also super comfortable.

• Alex Dimitry

Which fabric did you get

• Kimberly Frederick

I got a Krypton fabric calling Cushing Mellow...it’s VERY light. Like a very creamy white. I hope I don’t regret it!

• Kimberly Frederick

Kimberly M Huh - that’s reassuring! You must’ve got Krypton too 😄

• jenns510

Kimberley M. Huh what fabric did you get?

• morgan kamm

anyone have a review on the Arhaus Sullivan coffee table?