Software
Houzz Logo Print
cstone911

which location for this painting looks best?!

8 years ago
Which location looks best for this painting?
living room wall
stairs

Comments (17)

  • 8 years ago

    Love the painting! I think it gets lost on the fireplace wal. I think it works well with the stairs.

  • 8 years ago

    Love the paint color too

  • 8 years ago
    It goes better on the stairs - don’t like it on the reddish wall.
  • 8 years ago

    Stairs because of the paint color. I'd paint the FP wall same color as the stairs

  • 8 years ago

    I like how it balances out the fireplace, but the wall color doesn't work.

  • 8 years ago
    I vote for stairs.

    If you put a long table under the picture next to the fireplace it could anchor it and make it work if that is your preference.
  • 8 years ago

    Looks great next to the fireplace, but again; wall color doesn't work.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    It looks good above the stairs.

  • 8 years ago

    following

  • 8 years ago
    Yes to dining room. Blue from chair cushions repeated. More prominent in the room. A statement. I don't like the stairs, too large for the short steps.
  • 8 years ago

    I like the impact it has on the stairs but does the room/hallway you're standing in to take the photo allow you to approach the painting in a way that plays up that impact?


    The other two walls are ripe for a gallery setup, and the nice thing about that is you can swap out the frames' contents periodically to change the look/feel of the space.

  • 8 years ago

    I rather like it on the fireplace wall. Opposite...flames go up....rays of light come down from the skies. I thought the "rocks" in the water, were similar in tone to the walls...but I think that any shade of denim blue, and white, goes well with your wall color, or almost any color...jeans look nice with almost every tone worn with them? for instance.

    What does the painting represent to you? If you interpret it as lights rays, or rain or what? Maybe that helps you decide where to put it. I think it is a bit large for the stairway treads.. something smaller-- in a collection might be better there. It's a bit large for the room decor in the dining /play area.

    I think it rather enhances or contrasts, the warmth of the fireplace wall color, while it seems tooo bold for the neutral color near the table. Just my visual however. Watching...

  • 8 years ago
    Painted wall with picture
  • 8 years ago
    What can I replace this track lighting with? I’m thinking updated track lighting as there isn’t another light source in the room but I’m thinking a different colour/style? Any suggestions?
  • 8 years ago

    I'm in the minority but I always think art looks best on colored walls. I think it pops better on the fireplace wall and gets lost on the stairs.

  • 8 years ago

    Looks nice in the dining area. Trak lighting. I have seen it in a much smaller scale, each light a pin light really, I guess that was the Halogen style of a decade ago. Look and see what they have now, it's more of a free form ....smaller scale, or just eliminate it. It's out of place they way you are using that place now. Probably could use a nice fixture above the table? You would like that, I bet. The lighter wall, will make any light you place in the center of the ceiling much more effective, too, btw.