0

New to Succulents.. need ID plus advice??

HU-768691495
September 28, 2018

Hello all, I just bought three succulents a few weeks ago and I dont have any prior experience with succulents or even raising any plants in general. I did some research and what I gathered is that they dont need a lot of water, but need lots of sunlight.. and that’s about it. Is there anything else I should know?

I’m also unsure of what specific kind of succulent any of these three are. I’d appreciate it if someone could identify the exact species for me so I can give them the best care! Thanks :)

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Top left is an Echeveria, Aloe to the right and bottom appears to be a Kalanchoe species.

HU-768691495 thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • rina_Ontario,Canada

Succulents needs are quite similar. If you assure fast draining mix, use a container with drainage holes and expose them to good light - after acclimatizing first - you don't even have to know exact names. Saying that, some will grow quite well in average light - for example Sansevieria, Haworthia - but low light will make them grow very etiolated.

Maybe you mentioned in some of your other post your general location or at least growing zone, but it would help to add to your name - see what others do...