Your shopping cart is empty.
maplelane123

Kitchen layout design dilemma - help!!!

maplelane123
January 6, 2019

Hi - we are purchasing a townhome and need to make a decision on the kitchen this upcoming week. Very excited about choosing colours, etc. but I have the option of making slight change and I am quite torn. The current layout has the kitchen with a nice long island and sink in island. We have the option of adding lower cabinets cross the front window but that requires the island to be shortened unfortunately. We are a family of 5 and like entertaining in our kitchen so love the idea of an island but I also like the idea of having the sink under the front window and I have always been used to wrap up around cabinets so the space under the window seems dead to me. I don't think I actually lose or gain storage either way; it is more a design issue. What would you do - long island OR cabinets across front window? I am learning towards long island. Attached some pics for ease of reference. First picture is of the shortened island with lower cabinets along the window. Second and third picture show the longer island. TIA.

Comments (16)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).