0

Looking for feedback on Thomsonville Classic Kitchen Cabinets Canada

Marie

Trying to make a decision on whether or not to go with Thompsonville Classic Kitchen Cabinets sold at Home Depot. Looking to hear about people's experience. We particularly like the white paint colour vs. Kraftmaid. Thanks.

• silken1

Do you mean Thomasville? If so, we bought a few of their cabinets from Home Depot in Canada about 3 years ago for a bathroom reno. We have a bathorrom vanity but also a set of cupboards that go floor to ceiling. They still look like new and the soft closing doors and drawers still work well. We had to get a couple parts shipped after or replaced. I forget the story behind that. But I almost got the impression they came from the same factory as KitchenCraft. We have those from long ago in our kitchen at home and at our cabin and think they are good quality too. I think the shipping manifest had KitchenCraft on it which made me think that. I did a fair bit of research and Thomasville has been making cabinets for many years. I will say, the bathroom likely doesn't get the wear and tear that a kitchen would. I didn't find them inexpensive either when all was said and done, but I am happy with them. We got the higher end ones as there were two grades of them when I bought them.

Marie thanked silken1
  • Mona

We've had Thomasville cabinets in our kitchen for about three months now and have been happy. They were all shipped from Masterbrand. We had to have some doors replaced at no cost upon installation because I noticed very minor flaws on them, but that was painless and turnaround is very fast. They are white maple and I've been cooking in my kitchen every day and they've been easy to keep clean. No knicks so far (fingers crossed).

Marie thanked Mona
  • Marie

Yes silkin1 - I meant Thomasville cabinets. It's my understanding Thomasville Classic cabinets are manufactured by Masterbrand - but when I went to their site - they were not listed. We too are looking to purchase the white maple cabinets. Mona who installed your cabinets? Thanks everyone.

• silken1

I do remember seeing Masterbrand on our shipping labels too. Also KitchenCraft somewhere on the paperwork which made me think they are all made in the same place. But maybe not. Anyways, we were satisfied with the quality overall. I had a couple problems with a not nice person I had to deal with at Home Depot. but that had nothing to do with the cabinets. We had our own contractor install them and he did a good job. Ours are a painted finish. I can't remember the name anymore. I had to pay a lot extra as it has a hand painted subtle streak on top of a cream colored base. DH didn't want that but my heart was set on it and he has since agreed, it is really nice and I get a lot of compliments on the finish.

GreenDesigns

Canadian Thomasville is not MasterBrand. Totally separate company. And frameless. Not enough Canadian feedback for it to have a rep.

• Marie

In Canada - there is Thomasville Classic and Thomasville Nouveau. We were told Nouveau is frameless and manufactured in Quebec. Below is the text that displayed from a search I performed. It is also posted on the Thomasville site. https://www.thomasvillecabinetry.ca/about

"Thomasville Cabinetry is manufactured by MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., the largest cabinet manufacturer in North America and sold exclusively at The Home Depot stores nationwide.

Apr 14, 2016"

• live_wire_oak

It's only available st Home Depot, which should send people running screaming, no matter where the cabinets are manufactured. But Canadian and American do not share the same makers.

Marie thanked live_wire_oak
  • Mona

I hired an independent contractor to install the cabinets. Like i said I had to reorder a couple of doors and one drawer front. The person I have been working with at Home Depot has been very helpful and the replacements came withing 3-5 business days. I'm sure this is all dependent on your store and quality of the staff. I initially went to a different Home Depot near my house and was not impressed with the staff there. I also got quotes on a couple of other brands at the independent kitchen cabinet shops. Shop around and just go with your gut.

Marie thanked Mona
  • Marie

Thanks Mona