Software
Houzz Logo Print
sunflwrs231

Kitchen island

7 years ago

Help us!

We are renovating our kitchen and we are using dark wood floors and chantilly lace white cabinetry. We would like to go with a subtle gray island. Any suggestions on grays that would look nice but not such a big pop. also, we can only use Benjamin Moore colors.

Thank You for any suggestions

Comments (15)

  • 7 years ago

    This is the floor and cabinet color


  • 7 years ago
    Think about other colors in your home decor in adjoining areas. This is a good opportunity to tie things together. What is nearby?
  • 7 years ago

    Agreeable gray is on the walls. Is that a color I should use on island to tie it in

  • 7 years ago

    what color gray is that? We have open concept floor plan. Our entire downstair wall color is agreeable gray. I would like a contrast,but with the dark wood I don't want it to get lost. I have gray swatches all over at the moment. lol


  • 7 years ago

    At the moment I like smoke ember


  • 7 years ago
    The photo info indicates it’s a custom color, but Pewter cast by SW is close. If you don’t want to go too far from what you have, Anew Gray by SW is a little bit darker, but a nice warm gray.
  • 7 years ago

    We have to use benjamin moore colors on the cabinetry


  • 7 years ago

    We used Sherwin Williams on the wall

  • 7 years ago
    What are your options for color that you have right now and how do they look with your floors, countertop, etc.? This goes back to having a master plan. Doing one thing at a time, usually ends with a mish mash mess. Think about putting together a mood board to see how all your fixed surfaces work together. If it’s open plan, you need to think about furnishings as well. If there is a sw color you like, you can take it to BM and either find a similar one or have it matched. I am not a fan of having them matched, because they’re usually off a little (every company has a different base). Once you pick a color that works with the floors, countertops and whatever else is in there, get a sample and paint a large piece of foam board or drywall or even wood. Colors look different when they get bigger.
  • 7 years ago

    Benjamin Moore should be able to color match a SW color. Is there a reason you want a gray island?

  • 7 years ago

    We are under renovation. As of right now, we have our wood floors-seen above, we have our color Scheme. I wanted a contrast in a white kitchen. The cabinets are getting made and they only work with BM colors. I am also not a fan of matching BM to Sherwin Williams. My tops will be quartzite. We like a gray to break up the white. I was looking for a gray that wouldn’t get lost in the dark wood floors but that would contrast with the white.

  • 7 years ago

    Pick a real color. Not gray. It will outlast the fad.

  • 7 years ago

    There are many beautiful BM dark blue colors that would fit your scheme.

  • 7 years ago

    We decided to keep the island white. I will warm up the kitchen with backsplash. thank you for all of your input