Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
morellda

Kraftmaid vs Dura Supreme?

morellda
5 years ago
We are in the process of redoing our kitchen and we are torn between KraftMaid and Dura Supreme. They both have good and bad reviews so it’s hard to compare. Do any of you have experience with one or both?

Comments (4)

• tpliska
    5 years ago

Don't know if KraftMaid has maintained their quality through the years, but the cabinets we put in 24 years ago are still like new inside and out. Drawers, hinges, etc - everything still perfect even though the golden oak is dated.. I'd pick KraftMaid again, except they're too expensive now!

• joshua123
    4 years ago

My brother has a KraftMaid kitchen. The cabinets are 15 years old. They look brand new. He and his children are rough on the cabinets but they have really held up.

my experience-

I have new Dura Supreme cabinets and I wish I didn’t. There are problems with the stain, the trim, the detail on the doors, the cabinet tops and the faces of the oven and microwave. The installer said they were warped. Our contractor ordered replacements and they were wrong too. We are way past our deadline and we are still waiting on replacements for damaged or incorrect pieces. It has caused me stress and pain. We have been without a kitchen for much longer than we were told.

• puckiere
    2 years ago

I am a prior customer of Durasupreme for a total house remodel (and informed the regional and VP of sales) and had been impressed by the quality of the product, so when were remodeling a bathroom, we chose this company again. We ordered ~$12,000 worth of cabinets in APR21 with a delivery date of 4-6 weeks and informed the contractor who demolished the current bathroom. Approximately 1 week after doing so, the local vendor informed us the delivery date would now be AUG21. The vendor complained to Durasuprems and was able to wrangle a JUL21 delivery date. The real issues began with the delivery of this order, marked as complete and inspected by Durasupreme. Evidently damaged doors, a missing door, mismatched panels and a mirror that had the mounting holes drilled on the incorrect side constitutes a complete and inspected product at Durasupreme. The local vendor was contacted and finally weeks later the replacement and original parts arrived. As one would expect, the contractor who had to return to the jobsite on 2 additional occasions charged fro his services. When I contacted Durasupreme to inquire about what compensation was in order, I was met with a cacophony of gibberish that they had met the warranty and also it was “industry standard” to ship an order with missing or backordered parts. That would have been nice information to pass on the the vendor or the customer perhaps? After numerous calls and emails, I finally was granted a call with the vaunted VP of sales, who after spending 10 minutes telling me how great his company was and all the meetings they had over my issues with this order, flatly denied that any funds were due in spite of this laughable production issue and customer service. Do yourself a favor and find another cabinet company as Durasupreme now delivers supremely priced products, 3 Stooges level handcraft and abysmal customer service

• PRO
    Kitchens By Terrie
    last year

I have sold Dura Supreme cabinets since 1997 and have tried several other brands. Dura is the only manufacturer that I never apologize for because their quality and customer service are the best of any company I used in 28 years. Of course, the pandemic and shortage of materials for all products and building materials have changed the normal weeks of delivery. They have honored warranty issues for every request since 1997 and gone beyond warranty when a customer left the cabinets in a very hot garage for weeks and the doors warped...which is excluded in the warranty and still they replaced about 20 doors. My excellent reputation is based on the quality of cabinets I sell and Dura Supreme is the reason.