Software
Houzz Logo Print
jill_mcauley

love the flowers

13 years ago
what type of flowers are these in the flower bed in from of the house?
My Houzz: A DIY Gold Mine in the Heart of Texas · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It's called Lantana. One of the few things that thrive in the dry, hot west Texas sun!
  • 13 years ago
    do you think it would survive in the green, wet Seattle area?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Well, I'm no horticulturist, but I did find these articles that might help. It may do well as long as the soil is well-drained.
    http://seattletimes.com/html/homegarden/2009578226_yardsmart01.html
    http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/lantana/index.html
  • 13 years ago
    I also have it in colors of white and yellow.
  • 11 years ago
    we plant this every year in VA too. You can propagate by taking a clipping of fresh growth and just sticking it in soil. We also bring a few plants of each color in every year and put them in our garage under lights then use clippings from the plant in the spring to replant. They last from about April/May through October/November in VA