Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenrose1111

Before & After Master Bathroom Reveal!

K R
5 years ago
Hi all, I’ve been on this site every day since my kitchen remodel back in July, and now we have just wrapped up a master bathroom remodel. It was a full demo, but we kept the footprint the same, not changing any plumbing or the layout, but added a standalone tub instead of a garden tub, bumped out the shower to add size, and added a makeup vanity and storage tower for me. It took 9 weeks total. Any questions feel free to ask! I’ll start posting pics of the before (15 year old builder grade bathroom) in the comments!

Comments (34)

• K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Before and after demo.
  • K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    More
  • Angel 18432
    5 years ago

Looks amazing. Nice job.

• my_four_sons
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Great job! What a nice big space. Looks like you’ll be enjoying that tub for sure.

I’m almost done with my remodel, just waiting on shower doors. Can’t wait to call it done, too!

• Patrick Raynes
    5 years ago

Very nice. It’s definetly magazine quality.

• tqtqtbw
    5 years ago

Very nice! Amazing what you did in the same footprint. A question: Is the chandelier high enough to be out of reach for safety?

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    5 years ago

Looks gorgeous!

• humbleandkind
    5 years ago

Beautiful transformation! My current bathroom plan calls for a neoangle shower as well, and yours looks so spacious. Do you mind sharing the dimensions? Mine will be around 4x4 and I’m wondering if it will feel cramped. I could possibly get another foot or so but it would have to go deeper under the ceiling angle (I’m sure I’m not explaining that correctly, but hopefully you understand!). Enjoy your beautiful space!

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    5 years ago

Amazing bathroom transformation! Your new bathroom looks more elegant and spacious than the original one.

• adawn5
    5 years ago

I really like how you did the accent tile in the shower! Usually I'm not a big fan of accent strips but yours is done well and looks nice in the niche too.

• Nancy in Mich
    5 years ago

What a beautiful, modern bathroom! I like the tile choices - the decorative tile is subtle, but "there" and it looks good with the shower floor tile, too. The picture of the lady's vanity has a great "infinity of mirrors" effect where the man's vanity mirror and light shows the lady's mirror and light reflected back. Cool photographic effect.

• dmpsd
    5 years ago

Love that you went with the big floor tiles. The whole bathroom is beautiful.

• PRO
    Barrett Floors
    5 years ago

I love the glass block and how it creates a lovely reflection. Also how you used products that enhanced this feature in their shine and textures and how it blends. Very nice! Great use of space also! P.S. Why did I not think of the TV / bath tub combo before?-! I may need to steal this idea. But then I would need the tub jetted for sure!

• cat_mom
    5 years ago

Love!

It looks beautiful and I absolutely love your shower niche. So sleek yet so functional.

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 years ago

Amazing transformation! You really brought it back to life.

• cpartist
    5 years ago

Wow!

• Lizzie Bennett
    5 years ago

Absolutely dreamy! Would you mind sharing the tiles you used in the shower? I *love* them!

• yeh_yeh
    5 years ago

Beautiful transformation!! My shower/tub area is very much like yours in configuration and size. Can you share which bathtub you have and also the distance between the bathtub edge and the shower glass? I will have a little less than 20" and I am worry if that's too narrow. But yours looks great! Thanks in advance!

• misa
    5 years ago

Very nice! Like the makeup vanity area, very unique design and placement.

• enduring
    5 years ago

Great job. Love the deep tub!

• Tammy S
    5 years ago

Where did you get the hand towel fixtures from? I like them, very different.

• K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Wow lots of questions! Thank you for all the nice comments. This has been a fun project, I picked out everything on my own with some help from my amazing contractor to make sure the design process flowed. I’ll try to answer best I can. ;) 1) our ceilings are 9’ so yes the chandelier is very high (I’m 5’3” and can’t reach it) 2) the shower is 5’ deep, 4’ wide and the smallest part of the angle starts at 3’ (hope that makes sense, I don’t know how to describe it) 3) the porcelain tiles are by Ecoceramic, Calacatta gold and they came in multiple sizes and matte/polished 4) I only have 18” of space between the tub and shower but it’s plenty 5) the tub is by Jacuzzi (via Ferguson) and it’s a small one as I needed a petite tub for the area, it’s a 60 x 32 inch. I love the niche and accent tile too! I basically designed the bathroom around that tile, as I fell in love with it!
  • K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Oops, I got the hand towel fixtures from build.com.
  • PRO
    EBL Construction
    5 years ago

That looks great! Did you get the mirrors from ibMirror?

• lshack17
    5 years ago
    It's gorgeous! Love your style, modern glam and sleek. My favorite part is the rich color of the cabinets in contrast to all the white. Those mirrors and the storage are amazing too. Enjoy!
  • K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    EBL - yes I did! Impressed with their quality. Thanks again. I love it too!
  • ckinchen
    5 years ago

You have almost the same set up as my master bath. This is exactly what I was imagining mine would look like! It looks amazing! I am contemplating not having the bathtub, but maybe I can make it fit like you did. I also love how you added the cabinet in the toilet area too. Can you tell me what your budget was for this project? I have no idea how much something like this will cost.

• K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks! It was about $40k.
  • dietitian
    5 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Love that vanity mirror with the lights around it - the one above the desk, not the one over the sink. can you tell me the name of it- been searching for that!

• K R
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The desk? Lol you mean the vanity, right? It is a makeup mirror I purchased from IBMirror - here is the link. https://www.ibmirror.com/lighted-mirror/dimmable-lighted-mirror-acrylic-24-x-36/105
  • PRO
    KT tile
    5 years ago

Looks very nice!

• gigib_08
    5 years ago

Love it!

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 years ago

Fantastic! Great transformation.