Software
Houzz Logo Print
stephp6

how much to sell used kitchen cabs?

7 years ago

Renovating in a month and I was approached by someone wo wants to buy them. Nothing wrong with them. Solid wood. What do you think?

Comments (10)

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Check your area online for other used cabinets being currently sold to help determine price. Usually difficult to sell used cabinets due to unique sizes. Good luck. Try that 1st. If no interest, lower price. If still no interest


    Repurpose in garage or another room.

    Or

    Donate to Habitat for Humanity

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Used/installed cabinets going rate is probably $30 to $100+ per cabinet depending on age, condition, popularity, quality size of cabinet...etc. Also depends if you throw in the countertop for free or not and what appliances and fixtures you include.


    For an average amount, I'd count up cabinets and multiply by $50 to get a place to start (that would be for 15-25 yr old cabinets in decent condition). If you sell them while they're still up in your kitchen, you'll get more $, than if you take a photo of stacked up cabinets in a garage. A finished kitchen shows better. Or donate them for a tax write off and Habitat will come haul them away for free.

  • 7 years ago

    They look wonderful! Yes, check online for current marketplace prices as artistsharonva suggested. If you can't find anything comparable on the second hand market, think about how much you'd be willing to pay for them considering their initial cost and their age. That might help you figure out a fair price to ask.

  • 7 years ago
    Price also depends on who does the labor to take apart the kitchen and move the cabinets. When I bought the cabinets for my house, I paid $1200 for the cabinets and countertops and my partner and I did the removal. But, the set had a couple features which fit my particular layout.

    If the countertops can be reused without much additional work, that makes the set more valuable. It cost me about $500 to have the countertops recut and installed in my kitchen which is considerably cheaper than buying anything except preformed laminate. If those are solid surface counters, they are easy to reuse without any special tools.
  • 7 years ago

    We sold ours for $1400, and they helped remove them, which was a full day of labor for them and my husband. We also included the solid surface countertops and old appliances: dbl oven, electric cooktop, dishwasher, and trash compactor. This was for lovely oak cathedral-style cabinets from the mid-nineties.

    Frankly, we probably would have given them away just to avoid hauling them anywhere, but we threw them online just to see, and they came the next day.

  • 7 years ago
    thanks everyone! I already have someone I am selling to, so just figuring out the price. They are being taken down by my cabinet guy (who is also a friend) and will be put in my garage for pickup.
  • 7 years ago

    ^^that's what I was going to say.

  • 7 years ago

    If you're paying your cabinet guy to uninstall/move the cabinets, then even recouping that cost is a win. That said, you would probably have to pay dumping fees if they weren't being re-used.

  • 7 years ago
    In these situations, I’m always glad the stuff isn’t going in a landfill and I don’t have to haul it away. So I give a pretty generous price, and sometimes ask what they were looking to spend. If it’s in a reasonable range I give it to them for that. That said, I was just at my local restore type place and most cabinets there were marked in the 50-100 range as someone else noted.