Software
Houzz Logo Print
amy_lydia

simple widespread faucet suggestions

7 years ago
Looking for 2 widespread faucets for this master bath. I’m thinking chrome would make the space pop. I will have 2 silver mirrors (chrome like) above each sink. I am looking for simple faucets. I prefer more modern than traditional look. Thanks!

Comments (47)

  • 7 years ago

    Use polished nickel with its gold undertones with your tile color. Chrome has blue undertones.

  • 7 years ago
    Thanks @Toby! I was leaning toward these simple Moen Genta faucets. See photo. I was thinking chrome would make more of a contrast and pop in such a dark space ? I usually prefer the nickel but when I put it next to the black it almost blends in too Much. I don’t know. I’m back and forth!
  • 7 years ago

    I really like those. Did you try it with polished or brushed nickel?

    You could mount sconces through a large mirror to bounce more light in the room.

  • 7 years ago
    Hi @Toby! Thanks much! I tried the brush nickel and it just seemed off. I will check polished nickel!

    I’m looking into lighting too. Yes maybe some little scones next to the mirrors? Currently have 2 large silver mirrors but considering black mirrors too.

    I had looked at a few options for lighting above the mirrors. See pics. Those little scones would be better to not overwhelm the place though! Do you have any fav scones?
  • 7 years ago
    I got 2 mirrors like this to match the chrome faucet... was thinking 3 small sconces between each mirror. I don’t know!
  • 7 years ago
    Maybe black would be better... not a big fan of the gold. Feedback appreciated!
  • 7 years ago

    Since you have to have an electrician in for your lighting anyway, I'd definitely use sconces. You don't need small ones if you feel it's too dark in there.You've got a large wall that can handle larger sconces.

    That first mirror is too dressy and traditional for what you want to achieve. It's what I'd associate with a marble and white bath. I love the third mirror, and while gold or champagne would work throughout, you don't like it, so look for something similar in polished nickel. I wouldn't add more black to the bath. The thin frame on that mirror gives you more viewable area too.

  • 7 years ago
    Thanks @toby! You like this mirror ? It def goes with the space. Thanks much! I appreciate your time and feedback!
  • 7 years ago

    You're welcome.

    One caveat--your floor tile and shower accent are reading a warm beige/gold to me but maybe they're gray in real life. In that case, polished chrome would be fine.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I adore my polished nickel. It water spots far less than my polished chrome in another bath. Mine is both from Signature Hardware, which Feguson's now owns.

  • 7 years ago
    Thank you !
  • 7 years ago

    The faucet comes in polished nickel. I will see if I can exchange it and do the gold mirrors. Thanks!

  • 7 years ago

    Make sure those framed mirrors will give you enough reflective space for what you plan to do in there...ie blow dry hair? Dress? Make-up? When we built I initially wanted framed mirrors but realized I wanted more reflective glass in my master bath than we would get with two framed mirrors...particularly since I wanted the lighting to be on the side rather than the top of the mirrors. Even though it was kind of “out” and considered “builder grade” at the time we built (8 years ago) my designer & I decided to do a large plate glass mirror to span the vanity. To “fancy” it up, we specified a beveled edge and had the sconces mounted through the glass. It is really pretty and more functional that framed mirrors would have been.

    Just a thought!

  • 7 years ago
    @nini804 thank you! Do you remember the mirror you used or a have a pic? Thank you. Good advice!
  • 7 years ago
    Maybe bronze or black faucet with this color scheme?? Instead of chrome or nickel.
  • 7 years ago
    @toby the tile and flooring has hints of grey and beige. I was going for grey but it came out more on the beige side. So I am trying to adjust...
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I love the Gower and the ABURAY best! Gower out of stock. :( Here is a less expensive version maybe??? Would likely need different lights than the bubbly. https://www.menards.com/main/home-decor/decorative-accents/mirrors/wall-mirrors/ove-decors-santa-fe-24w-x-32h-rustic-walnut-framed-mirror/santafemrrw/p-1519112040117.htm

  • 7 years ago

    I think you need to go with an industrial metal frame because of the barn door detailing. I couldn't find any framed ones that are not expensive. But I found this Gatco Elevate mirror and think it'd look great with just a touch of industrial black metal. It's 27.5 x 31.5" and $94. Then you could do beefier lighting, and they do have matching lighting. The entire collection is cool without being too heavy. I have a Gatco three-light vanity light and have been pleased with the quality.



    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gatco-Elevate-31-5-in-x-27-5-in-Frameless-Rectangle-Mirror-in-Matte-Black-4059MXS/303561242

    I would do a silver metal faucet because the black will disappear in the counter.

  • 7 years ago
    @toby love it! Thank you so much!!!
  • 7 years ago
    3 lights above each mirror then?
  • 7 years ago

    The Elevate Minimalist mirror is nice too. It's probably the same size mirror--they measure the first mirror with the brackets. It doesn't have the beveled edge so would be another good choice for industrial style.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gatco-Elevate-32-in-x-22-in-Minimalist-Frameless-Mirror-in-Matte-Black-1595MX/303561236

    You should be able to return them to HD with no problem if they don't work out. I think they ship to your home for free. We got our Kohler sink from them and shipped to our house and had to return it to the store because it had a flaw.

    I really like the robe hooks and double towel bar in this collection.

  • 7 years ago
    That’s a cool mirror too! I like the black hardware on the mirrors and I like black hooks and such too! Sorry about your faucet. Glad it could be returned! Thank you for helping. Super stressful! I’m doing a whole house on a tight timeline and budget so thanks again! @toby
  • 7 years ago

    That light with the square shade would be my choice--everything squared and chunky. What type of bulb does it take? What's the width?

    You want the light width to be slightly less than the mirror width. That will probably limit you to a two-light vanity light. You want one that will take standard LED bulbs to provide enough light. I buy Duracell LED Cool White in 4000K. They're not too yellow like 2800K or too operating-room cold like 5000K, which are ones you'll commonly find with the standard A19 base. I buy them at a bulb and batteries store. Big box stores don't sell them. I have one three-light vanity light in a 5x11' bath and it's enough light for the vanity area while the shower is a little more in shadow. You'll need more light than the two vanity lights imo.

  • 7 years ago

    You can do your accessories in black and do a polished metal for the faucets and shower plumbing, which will clean better and keep its finish better than black.

  • 7 years ago
    Thanks Toby! Just checked and there is a ceiling little light with a fan on it near the shower! You’re right it is needed. Appreciate your style input and advice! will follow your advice on lightbulb and batteries! Thank you!
  • 7 years ago
    The square lights we like are 22.0 x 7.38 W x 5.5 ... might be too big.
  • 7 years ago
    Actually I think it may work size wise. 22.0 H x 7.38 W x 5.5 D

    This LED Light has a CRI of 90, a color temperature of 3000K, and is 2050 lumens which is equivalent to 100 watt incandescent.
  • 7 years ago
    Smaller option
    17x4x5
  • 7 years ago
    Hey! These neat lights match the mirror gatco collection.
    Mirror 27.5 x31.5
    Vanity 60 inch
    Lights: 4.5'' H x 13.35'' W x 5.4'' D

    https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/gatco-elevate-1-light-armed-sconce-gat2816.html
  • 7 years ago

    I know! I thought you would have seen them on the Home Depot website but I just realized they don't carry them although they're in their photo. I had seen this collection on Build.com first but I think there's a discrepancy in the sizing so I linked to HD instead. This is the three-light. You should face vanity lights downward.
    https://www.build.com/gatco-1605mx/s1427449?uid=3356465

  • 7 years ago
    Tres chic! All good ! And thanks for the idea to point down!

    Here are the dimensions for 1 vs 2 light:
    3 Light: 19.63 x 6.93 x 4 in
    2 Light: 13.3 x 4.5 x 4 in

    You think 3 lights the ? So exciting!!
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Wayfair has the picture of the bathroom with the sconce over the mirror. It doesn't look too small but 13" is about the length of the sink and I'd prefer longer. The 3 light will just about span the mirror. It takes 100W bulbs but you'll probably want to use less lumens because that's six lights. My Duracell are 60W/800 lumens LEDs.

    This pic is from Bellacor. They look a little heavy but they're over a small vanity too.

    I did a 3D mock-up of lighting by cutting cereal boxes to size. Try that.

  • 7 years ago
    Good idea! And thanks for the pic. That helps.! think 2 may be better but I will mock it up. Thanks again for everything @toby! Have a wonderful night! ✔️
  • 7 years ago

    This is a 22" light over a 24" mirror over a 36" vanity in my guest bath.

  • 7 years ago
    Very nice! Helpful to see the dimensions. Thank you!!
  • 7 years ago
    @toby beautiful bathroom!
  • 7 years ago
    All together...
  • 7 years ago
    Accessories
  • 7 years ago

    That should work. I drew it up on graph paper and don't see any problems. The 3-light is sized for the mirrors and the mirrors are sized for a 24" sink base. I assume your sink bases are 24".

    I didn't realize the mirror with the brackets was a tilt mirror--thought they were just decorative.

    The one with the four clips is a little more industrial without the bevel, but I'd choose by personal preference.

  • 7 years ago
    I appreciate you drawing that up! Yes. I agree! I think the Gatco Elevate 32 in. x 22 in. Minimalist Frameless Mirrors with the 4 clips are the way to go! Purchasing today!

    Lights
    Triple light 19.6 x 6.9 x 4 inches
    Double lights 13.3 x 4.5 x 4 inches

    I think either lights work. Going to measure again. It all looks very nice together!

    Thank you! So chic.
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you for so nicely acknowledging all the comments. I've been reading and posting in the bathroom forum since I was planning my guest bath remodel six years ago (under an old Gardenweb name). It's about the only home forum I read since Houzz took over Gardenweb. The "Pros" have driven off a lot of us but I love bathrooms!

    You can try the double lights and send them back if they don't provide enough lighting.

    Amy Lydia thanked Eileen
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    You are very good at this! I really appreciate your assistance and responses. It's been fun! Sometimes you just need a little encouragement and knowledge from someone else! Yes. I will maybe order both lights and return what doesn't work. Thanks!

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Your bathroom needs a lot more lighting. For that size bathroom and with dark tile, I would have added 2 x 4" recessed light in the tub/shower and 4 x 4" recessed lights in the main bathroom area. Then 3 sconces or 2 light bars at the sink area. ALL on dimmers and a few different switches.

    Once you put a shower curtain across that tub it will feel like a cave in the shower. The light in most fans isn't that bright and it is a cool light that isn't very flattering for bathroom primping.

  • 7 years ago
    Thanks Lawrence!
  • 7 years ago
    @Chispa I’ll see if we can get some recessed lighting in the space. Thanks !