Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannatoby

Help with what I thought was a daylily

These tall spikes were daylilies, I thought. I planted daylilies only in the fall of 2017 and specifically notated where they went. I've been watching these but there are NO signs whatsoever of any bloom even developing. Finally looked at my diagram to figure it out. These don't match any descriptions of what I purchased in height, nor do they fit my diagram for location. Right now these plants are really interfering with the Baths Pink dianthus they have invaded. I'm afraid I'm going to lose the dianthus. I'm also amazed at how many of these tall foliage spikes there are. You would have think I had a huge patch of whatever it is. Could it be a first-year something-or-other grown from seed dropped there? Also, the foliage seems rough on the edges and is very thin, thinner than the standard daylily foliage. I have planted no decorative grasses at all. There are some 'Siloam Little Girl' daylilies immediately to the right planted in 2017. The pink flowers are Rose Campion. I'm confused not only because nothing fits the diagram, but also because there aren't any buds or developing flora at all. I'm happy to dig up a root if needed.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting