Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clubnev

Luxury Vinyl Flooring-Coretec & Provenza.

clubnev
4 years ago

We are considering Coretec and Provenza brands of flooring.

Anyone have any recommendations for or against? Do they hold up well? Warping or dent issues? We live in a hot humid climate. We keep our home fairly cold but we do lose electricity from time to time.

Thanks

Comments (24)

• haleyrlong
    4 years ago

I’m trying to decide between the two as well. Color choice is killing me, it’s so hard!!

• clubnev
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Not sure if this will help. I'm finding that if the samples have boards that are all one color that spread out over a large area, the floors looks more fake. I don't like a lot of variation in color but after looking at various floors, the boards that have a little variation to them look more natural when installed.

• rdash
    4 years ago

Wondering if any of you made the decision between Coretec and Provenza - i am caught between the two still. Would love to hear which choice you made and see pictures if possible.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We went with Provenza. So far I love it but it’s only been a few weeks. We picked it because we thought it was more realistic looking for the look we wanted. However I think both are good choices and from my research both are excellent companies.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Color is First Crush

• clubnev
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This is the sample

• Cynthia Cunningham
    3 years ago

@clubnev how are your floors holding up? Making my decision soon between First Crush and Finally Mine. My biggest concern is footprints. Our living area is South facing.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

I have Coretec. No problem with footprints.

Maybe those with darker colors have that issue?

• Cynthia Cunningham
    3 years ago

Thanks so much! It's always a relief to hear from people who are actually living with it and loving it!

• Cynthia Cunningham
    3 years ago

@eld6161 What color are your Cortec floors. They're beautiful too!

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Cynthia, they are Hayes Oak.

And, this house is also in a high moisture area. Took me a while for DH to come on board, but now he is a convert.

I agree with club on all the points she made about these floors, easy and mindless.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    3 years ago

My floors look very similar to eld6161's from her pic. In my pic, the pattern is accentuated from the phone camera - they aren't quite as busy looking in real life. But busy enough where it hides everything. Let us know what you decided on. I think you'll be happy with Coretec or Provencia. Our floor supplier told me those are the two best companies in the LVP industry.

• Sherrie Toth
    2 years ago

@clubnev It's been a couple of years. Are you still happy with your Provenza floors? I'm seeing very, very angry people with LVP due to smudge marks on the low sheen. Of course, I like the low sheen. How has it been for you with the Provenza? TIA

• clubnev
    Original Author
    2 years ago

So far no problems. I still love it. I’d say maybe the sheen has dulled a little but I haven’t noticed any smudge marks. We are getting ready to install some more of the same flooring from the same lot (it’s been sitting in climate controlled storage) in the second half of the house. When that happens it will be interesting to see what the difference will be.

• Sherrie Toth
    2 years ago

THANK YOU!

• clubnev
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’ll post the difference in the floors when they’re installed. It’s going to be a few months.

• Lacey Hoesing
    6 months ago

How are your newest installed floors doing?

• clubnev
    Original Author
    6 months ago

The floors are wonderful. Not one problem and easy to clean.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Axe that. We haven’t installed the new floors. They’re still sitting in a box. Long story. We were set to install but got hit by hurricane Ian. Now they’re a couple years old, we may install in Jan.

• asarcletti
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

@clubnev Do you have kids and traffic in your home? Have you experienced any dents from dropping stuff, or from furniture? I really like first crush and the floors go great with the Kraftmaid Molasses cabinets I want to install. I am an SPC guy and I just worry about denting WPC floors. I have a darker SPC option, but I just can't find an SPC flooring color that compares to first crush.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

No kids, or pets, average traffic. Its been 4 years since installation. The floors have held up great. We are in a hot and humid climate also. No AC for weeks after Hurricane Ian. No damage to the floors. I haven’t dropped anything really heavy. But I’ve dropped plenty of small items. No dents that I have noticed.

• asarcletti
    2 months ago

@clubnev Thanks for the info! Hot and humid here in Houston as well especially when power goes out. I finally ponied up a did a whole home generator to avoid being out of power around hurricanes and freezes.

Did you notice that when your whole First Crush floor went in the flooring warmed compared to sample boards or laying out a single box? In certain areas of my home samples/sample boards will grey up in the day with certain natural light, but at night under 2700K lighting.... Wow...perfect light brown floor with no wheat, yellow, gold, or orange.

• clubnev
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Yes it takes on different tones depending on the time of day. Mine tends to be on the warm gray side of ”greige” I have tall ceilings-about 12-16 feet and have recessed daylight bulbs somewhere around 4000K