ticodxb

After a few years going to try growing tomatoes again

ticodxb
October 29, 2019

Two seasons in a row I had not-so-great results growing tomatoes and life got in the way and I had no more motivation for a few years to try.

On October 24th I decided to go for it and plant some seeds. Surprisingly four sprouted in only four days and now it's day five even more came up so I am getting excited.

I will only end up with being able to grow six plants but here are the varieties I planted and will have to choose from if they successfully grow:

Brandywine Sudduth, Neves Azorean Red, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Arkansas Traveler, Jennie, and Earl's Faux.

I do have one friend with a farm and a couple others who would take any extra off my hands.

I am keeping them in the shade while the mid-day temperatures are in the high 90s (and checking on them often) but letting them see the sun once the temps drop a bit. I will bring them indoors if I won't be home during the hottest times of the day but for now they have been kept outdoors.We'll see what happens this growing season!