Software
Houzz Logo Print
nikki_levas

granite sink color

6 years ago

I want a blanco sink and have vicostone argento quartz. It is creamy with grey and brown veining. Stainless appliance. What color of sink would look best? My walls are a sandy color but like the idea of incorporating some greys. I like cinder but it might be too dark.

Comments (17)

  • 6 years ago

    I have the metallic gray. It would go great with your quartz. If you go to their website, they will send you samples for free.

  • 6 years ago

    They only have the cafe sample available right now. I was thinking the metallic grey as it wouldn’t be as dark as the cinder. But I wasn’t sure if I should go with stainless instead. What are your thoughts Linda

  • 6 years ago

    I really like the gray. It doesn't show any soap residue or scratches. I've had stainless and it was way more work to keep looking nice than the Composite.

    I can send you my sample of the metallic gray if you like. Just pm me.

  • 6 years ago

    I would like pictures also. Debating the grey Artika granite sink from Costco. 50/50 split.

  • 6 years ago

    @kel_kat5 - I googled Artika sinks as I’ve never heard of them. I looked at their granite composite double-bowl sinks (note they are granite composite, not granite). The company doesn’t post a spec sheet which is odd. They only give exterior dimensions which would worry me. The 50/50 double bowls looked really small individually. Very confining. I think this is a purchase you should think hard about before you pull the trigger. I advise you against the 50-50 double bowl

    sink. Get a 60/40, 70/30, or single bowl.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks @M Miller for the insights. I think I am going to go with a Hahn 16 gauge stainless in either 50/50 or full sink. We use a 50/50 now on a daily basis, so will be hard to consider otherwise, but we shall see.


  • 6 years ago

    Blanco sink in Truffle. It's a warm taupey color, and plays well with the LG Viatera quartz, Nimbus:

  • 6 years ago

    @kel_kat5 my countertop installer said if your going with the granite style sinks to buy Blanco. He said the rest, the film comes off.


    I trusted @lindacottonwood and decided to buy the metallic gray. I needed to make a decision right away and I know it will match our countertop color. It is yet to be installed.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you @Nikki Lee. Our counters are Noble Grey. I saw that Blanco has cement grey or metallic grey. How do you like yours?


  • 6 years ago

    @lindacottonwood Blanco?

    @Nikki Lee did you go single bowl?

  • 6 years ago

    @kel_kat5 not sure what you are asking Linda, Blanco is a brand. No I bought the 50/50. We are putting it under a window and I always stack dishes in the one side. I prefer this than using a dish rack on the counter. I have 50/50 now and don't have a problem with it. I didn't realize there were so many to pick from but I asked myself what I use my sink for and what I would change if anything about it. I would have considered the 60/40 but since its under the window I wanted it symmetrical. There is also a "low divide" for washing pans and ability to stack dishes but I thought this looked stupid. You could never fill the sink with water.

  • 6 years ago

    @kel_kat5 I bought the metallic gray. I haven't seen it yet - my countertop guy has it. I saw the tiny sample at store before. I don't recall seeing the concrete one.


    I think both would look nice with that counter. The concrete might give a more industrial look if that's what you are going for.


  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Gee, only the Anthracite looks like it works with your stone.



  • 6 years ago

    @BeverlyFLADeziner can you advise me with the noble grey stone?



  • PRO
    6 years ago

    There are limitations as to what the photo illustrates as it doesn't reflect the lighting in your room.


  • 6 years ago

    I have the Blanco in Metallic Grey. I have white quartz and didn't want to goo any

    darker than that.