Software
Houzz Logo Print
tira_misu

Help me choose a vanity for our transitional bathroom

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Help! I need to settle on a vanity for our bathroom remodel before the end of the week. I should have hired a designer long ago but didn’t and now have to figure it out by myself.

We’re looking for a 72” double vanity. These are the vanities we're considering, given the time, measurements and cost constraints we’re facing.

Fresca Allier double vanity ($2,385):

I really like the look of this vanity but find the wood stain too dark. I could get used to it, I guess…


Wayfair floating vanity ($2,660):

Like the color of the wood and its simplicity but the top is made of “reinforced plastic” and the floating vanity might be too trendy for the lifespan I’m hoping this bathroom will have.



Karton Republic Birbury vanity ($2,770):

I like it but find the wood stain too grey.


James Martin Linear vanity ($4,000):

I love everything about this vanity except for the price.


I don’t really care for acrylic or plastic vanity tops. I want to avoid trends and feel like the floating vanity might be a trend.

Info about what we chose so far:

There will be a run of mirrored medicine cabinets above the vanity which will run the entire width of the wall. These won't be recessed, which might make the bathroom look more modern.

This is the porcelain tile that we will be using on the floor and up to 42“ on the walls.



These are the faucets we chose for the sinks and similar ones for the tub.



So, which one should we choose? Which one will still look good in 15 to 20 years from now? Any comments on these? Any other suggestions? We’re in Canada, so the options are somehow limited.

Thank you so much.

Comments (9)