FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

aladdintn

Modern fireplace design for new build. Need help!

aladdintn

We are in the middle of a custom build, and while I have hundreds of modern fireplace photos saved here and elsewhere, I still cannot get a good idea on what to do with the area that will include the fireplace. As you can see from the top pic, there are two fairly large recessed areas. A cabinet maker drew this to give me a quote on some built-ins in these alcoves (hence all the broken-up spaces/measurements in the drawing). I'm not really sure I want to do built ins. I really like the look of the photo with the white cast stone but also unsure if this would be too much for the room. My husband would like to use stacked stone etc. I'm not opposed to that per se, I just don't know if that "sea of stone" will look good. Any ideas and suggestions are very appreciated.