jerijensunsetz24

"Florence Bowers Pink Tea"

jerijen

Still immature, growing slowly in far, far too much shade (We have some tree-trimming coming up, which should help her along).

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

What a beauty, Jeri! I have one thanks to you and I can't wait until Spring here.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley

I love the juxtaposition between the buds opening Buds and full open flower. Those es buds just don't look like they'd contain so many petals.

• K S 8b Seattle

I love how lacy the inner petals are! Gorgeous!

• roseseek

If you haven't already, please add those marvelous photos to Help Me Find!

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

Something for my little one to aspire to! Love it!! :-)

• jerijen

I see this is back to no Edit function.
    <SIGH>
    With this site ... It's always something.

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

This rose is so pretty! It has really captured my heart. Out of the 250 varieties I have in my garden, Florence is my favourite rose so far (my garden is new).

The flowers bloom very early, and they are so beautiful and last on the bush for a long time. They smell wonderful, like sweet raspberries. The foliage is as wonderful as the flower: deep green and absolutely free of disease. It still has the same foliage from the time it was first planted as a band in 2017!! The foliage was completely hardy during last winter's 10 days of 20 degree temps!!! Not only did the foliage stay on the plant, it was fresh and green after the snow melted off it!

The only negatives I have noticed so far are the fact that it's quite thorny (which doesn't bother me in the least) and it only has had one big flush of bloom each season. I'm sure the blooming will get better as it matures. And even if it doesn't, the foliage is so gorgeous it is a beautiful plant all season long. I have it planted over an arch on one side, and it has made it 2/3 of the way over the entire arch (I only planted one as I have heard it gets big).

I would heartily recommend this rose to anyone who can grow it!

• mjkjrobinson

What a gorgeous beautiful rose! And does it grow in the Okanagan Valley in B.C., Canada? Very extreme weather hot to freezing we are minus 13 and a ton of snow! To very hot in the summer between 33 to 40 celiuse , I can"t remember farhrenheit but 33 is high 90is to 100, as for cold under 0 is starting to make you know winter is here add the winds and your cold!