Software
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

OT: Bunny Play Time

Cleaning out cages today, and my three girls were really taunting the boys, lol!

Had to rest a few minutes after all their binkying!

From left to right, Violet, Charlotte and Eloise :-)

Comments (22)

  • 6 years ago


    Phineus, the male who wanted to join the girls REAL bad. :-)

  • 6 years ago

    Awww they're all so cute. Your little male is really flashy too. Are you going to let them mate?

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Thanks, Sultry! They are lots of fun. The girls are just now 6 mos., but weren’t receptive last week. Well try again in another few weeks.

  • 6 years ago

    They are so beautiful =)! It makes me want to have one. I bet all their poop is wonderful for the garden.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked dianela7analabama
  • 6 years ago

    Maybe you will get Easter babies lol.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you, Dianela! So far, they are super poopers, so it better be good!

    I’d love Easter babies, Sultry! Oh, the photo opps... :-)

  • 6 years ago

    You are going to have great rose fertilizer..... When my daughter was home she had a bunny..... my roses loved them....

    Your bunnies are extemely cute.....


    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sharon2079
  • 6 years ago

    Adorable! Bunny love.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Perma, they look so CUTE ! I have to stay away from chickens, rabbits threads...lol. You guys are not helping me. That includes you to Jasmin. City will go after me if i just had an idea or even breathe ....lol.

    Roses will definitely love rich fertile soil :))

    Really cute and soft :)

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Haha Jin, don't let your daughter see the bunny pics. I'm pretty sure you could have a bunny though. You can even litterbox train them.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Yep—sorry, but bunnies are “domesticated pets”, and legal pretty much anywhere. They litter box train quite easily, being clean animals by nature. Since you are trying to stay away from them, I won’t mention how super velvety-soft the Mini Rex variety is. ;-)

  • 6 years ago

    No, Perma. Pls tell how super velvety soft the Mini Rex are, plssssss ?? Pls do, oh, pls, doooo....tell us.



    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Bunnies are quiet and not smelly as long as you keep the manure area picked up and put in compost pile etc. Even if you had several in a pen outside, no one would probably even know you had them. They are like big guinea pigs lol. People in the city can have ferrets so no reason they can't have rabbits. Yes they are so soft and velvety and super cuddly.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    We once had tenants in the third floor rental unit of our vertical duplex who had a bunny. Their unit still included the old fashioned Victorian "sleeping porch" - basically a third story porch (floor slightly slanted to the outside drains in case rain water got in) which had walls on two sides, the house on a third side, and a 1/3rd wall with screen above on the side opposite the house. A door connected it to the rest of the unit. So, they (a mother and two grown sons) kept their bunny in that porch, with an outside enclosure for nice days. I had told her that we had a lot of raccoons who are very clever about getting into enclosures (including our basement!) The tenants were from Taiwan, and did not know what raccoons were, so I tried to explain. One day, the mother came up to me and put her two hands over her face to make a sort of mask, and asked me if that was what a raccoon looked like. I told her yes. She said that in the middle of the night before, the bunny had started frantically thumping an alarm, and had awoken her. She went to check on it, and saw a raccoon on the outside of the screen, looking at the bunny. It had climbed up three stories of our house to get there! Our house has all sorts of wildlife, despite being only about 4 blocks from the downtown of our town. The next morning, one of her 20 something sons came up to me and said: "Do we have bears?" He was seriously concerned, but I was able to tell him that the nearest bear sighting in our town had been miles away.

    Jackie

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked jacqueline9CA
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I dont doubt the raccoon would climb that high at all. There was a story of one climbing up a skyscraper trending on twitter and the news station a yr or so ago lol.

    https://youtu.be/XY_VKg7TAOk

    If you have chickens or rabbits long enough they will come lol. Raccoon are very tenacious. I have had them chew through 3/4 plywood roof of a chicken coop that had roll roofing over the top of it. Got in and killed everything.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    What a great story, Jackie!

    I’m so sorry about your chickens, Sultry.

    At first, my DH thought I was nuts when I told him how secure we needed to make our coop.

    And I’ve done hand combat with a raccoon. Determined little booger was trying to get to my chicks. He challenged me face-to-face. After The Great Raccoon Battle of 2019, I decided they are actually tiny crazy people in raccoon costumes. :-)

  • 6 years ago

    Oh, yes, they can be very stubborn. One night I opened the back door of my back porch to go down the outside stairs, and there were FIVE raccoons standing on the top of the stairs. I managed to slam the door before they ran in, but it was close.


    We have an area next to where my DH parks his car which is a tangle of old, but still producing, fig trees. The tops of the trees are leaning out actually over his car, as that is where there is more light. One night (when the figs were ripe) we drove in, and parked the car. There were several large raccoons in the fig trees right over the car. Did they run away as we got out of the car? Nope - they just growled at us and told us to get lost.


    Cutest time: We have an old cat door from outside into our ground level basement, which we theoretically made "raccoon proof" (before we knew there was no such thing) by buying our cat a magnet thingy for his collar which was supposed to let him in, but not raccoons. The people door is just about 5 feet away from the cat door. One evening I walked into the basement, and was immediately confronted, from maybe 3 feet away, by a ver large female raccoon, standing on her hind legs and growling and hissing at me. She did not attack, but just "stood her ground". I heard some squeaking, and then figured out what was going on - five very small raccoon babies were lined up (in a straight line) at the cat door, going out, and because only one could get out at a time, it was taking a while. The mother raccoon occasionally talked to them in a "stern command" sort of voice. When the last baby had made it out, she gave me one last growl and followed them.


    Jackie

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked jacqueline9CA
  • 6 years ago

    Wow, Jackie, you are definitely in serious coon country!

    That reminded me of a favorite commercial, I want to say for an optical company, where a lady in her nightie opens her back door saying, “here, kitty-kitty” and this big old raccoon marches in. :-)

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Perma this was a few years ago..I have more chickens now lol.

    Haha I remember that commercial.


    Wow! A whole raccoon family in the house and I thought I had it bad lol. She was teaching them all how to use the door..both in and out.

    If one got in the house here, it would probably go after our parrots and then it would have to die lol.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    Awww, kitty, your bunny sounds super sweet! My cats are still trying figure exactly who or what these bunnies are. They are curious, and gentle, but still a little spooked. It cracks me up.

    I’ve really enjoyed getting to know all the bunny personalities. They run the whole gamut, just like people do. :-)

  • 6 years ago

    TOO funny!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked mjkjrobinson