Software
Houzz Logo Print
lori4301

Front enterance facing wall needs work!

6 years ago

This is what you see as you walk in our front door. The checkerboard tile is ugly and we are planning to replace in the spring. The bare wall which is off center to the front door is the first thing you see when you walk in immediate left is into living/dining room and right is hallway to bedrooms. I need some serious help on how to make the enterance wall pop. It is about 15ft across from the door.

Comments (22)

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Adjacent room photos for implementing flow and harmony.

  • 6 years ago

    Hey I’m no designer, but I would center your entrance table to the wall it’s on and add a nice mirror

  • 6 years ago

    A few more photos of the room it opens to.

  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Is everything in the space staying? What is your wall color? Measurements of the wall?

  • PRO
    6 years ago


    Are you open to abstracts?

  • 6 years ago

    Go to some art fairs with your measurements and look around until you find something you love!

  • 6 years ago

    That table might be more useful under your tv unless it’s not as wide.
    Then a large piece of art. Or possibly a collection of family photos as this seems a family friendly space . Whatever you put there should be centered on the wall. Not relative to the entry.

  • 6 years ago

    The front entrance wall needs a large piece of art and three coordinated low accessories on the console table below the art.

  • 6 years ago

    Yes, change the tile flooring and center the table on the wall, not relating the table placement to the front door.

  • 6 years ago

    I would definitely do art instead of a mirror. Yes, center the table as suggested.

  • PRO
    6 years ago



    To break up all of your dark furnishings I think lighter table and art and lamps. Curves and different shapes in furniture and lamps.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you Jodie White Designs the wall is 89". The colour is 8306 Cloverdale paint "Zephyr" and yes I am open to abstracts. Love the lighter furniture suggestion as everything is so dark right now.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you for the visual BeverlyFLADeziner it does look allot better with a large piece of art. the wall measures 89" what would you suggest for best sizing for the art? between 50-60"?

  • 6 years ago

    Hi Mary Nitro thanks for the suggestion. I did try the table under the tv it was wide enough but way too deep. I am hoping to get some type of console for under the tv. It is a family friendly space and I do have a gallery type wall across from the dining table. I like your suggestion for the centered wall art.

  • 6 years ago

    I did have this piece of art in the space but didn't feel it was big enough. I moved the table to centre and as suggested it does look allot more balanced.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    That’s very nice. It works

  • 6 years ago

    Nice!

  • 6 years ago

    I love that! I draws your eye into the picture so makes the wall appear further away. Will you hang it? Post another pic once the flooring is updated.

  • 6 years ago

    Thank you, yes I will hang it. And will for sure post a picture after that flooring is gone. I am leaning towards a neutral 12"x24" type tile.

  • 6 years ago

    Hello there,

    the composition looks gr8 with centre alignment art & vignettes..

    the pic however is of urbanscape while the rest of your artwork is inclined towards nature..

    so anytime in future you might swap the art for more nature inspired or farmhouse style may be a diy too, any image you would like to see 1st thing you enter ur abode.

    nature nspired Wall paper could be another option if you want to change things up a little

    Also might cover the entrance floor with outdoor area rug may be as an option.

    a little wicker basket or tray to throw in keys etc might be useful.

    Have fun :)


  • PRO
    6 years ago


    I see more color if you are going to keep the darker console. Best of luck.