FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

bernbecca

thicket??? wild trees, what to do with this???

bernbecca

So when we bought this house it had a "windbreak of 3 rows of different pines on 2 sides of the yard. Planted way too close and some dead trees and vines intertwined. Well after 15 years we are down to one single row of white pines. The sickly trees have all been cut down the last to go last week. What I have left is this "thicket" or whatever you call this wild group of trees. Should I leave these as is or thin them out? What will happen with them all being so close together? Lots of poison ivy and black berries have been growing in there. There is a farm field behind and then new houses, I really don't want to look a housing development. I wanted to add some dogwoods and things like hostas

and columbine but may need to wait and see how much shade will be there without the Pines. I did order a bunch of Norway Spruce seedlings, but plan to use them to block the view of the new houses where I don't have the thicket