Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_78488551469

Night Blooming Jasmine Help.

6 years ago

Hello all,


I recently purchased this Cestrum nocturnum. Unfortunately, the USPS lost it in the mail for over a week. As one might expect from a plant that was boxed up for almost 10 days, it isn’t too happy.


The first thing I did when I took it out of the box was to pot it up in a perlite-peat-woodchip mix. Many of the yellow leaves (and also some green ones) in the picture have since fallen off and many of the green leaves do not have that much turgor. None of the leaves are dried up thankfully.


I can share that the roots are in pretty good condition as they were whitish-tan and green when I potted it up. The root ball was about the size that it left 1.5-2 inches on all sides to grow into the pot. The pot is about 1-2 gallons I think.


What is the best course of action to make this plant super healthy? I have it in my greenhouse right now. I am assuming it is in some sort of shock right now. Is it just a question of waiting for it to acclimate and come out of shock or is there something special I should be doing to give it the best chance for getting much healthier.





Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21