Software
Houzz Logo Print
derek_rm13

Help with ideas for corner fence landscaping

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So we've been in our house for a couple years, and we have two of these corners in our front yard--one on each side-- and we finally have time to do something. The previous owners just had a single bush in each corner and then used lava rocks. Both bushes were essentially dead when we moved in, so I ripped them out and tried raking up all the rocks (very difficult since some are now embedded into the ground..). We want to make it look more alive, but kind of like the old look of the wood posts. From the photo, behind it is the road and our house is behind me who took the photo. Naturally we want something that is nice to look at, but also nice for our neighbors to look at.

We prefer perennials since we don't often have time to garden every single day. The spots typically get the most sun in the mornings til noon, then the large trees in our front yard give them some shade until early evening.

The ground/soil isn't the greatest, so I may need some mulch to help the plants out in terms of retaining water.

I guess I'm just looking for what would fit/look the best, bushes/shrubs vs perennial plants. Any advice or suggestions is incredibly appreciated.

Location: Michigan, outside of Detroit



Comments (9)