Software
Houzz Logo Print
tomfromcoastroad

Before & After: Modern direct vent fireplace with stone veneer

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
This client's Great Room lacked a focal point from the entry, so we discussed adding a fireplace in this fairly small corner.

I came up with several design proposals, and the simplest one ended up winning out.

We used a 32" direct vent fireplace, vented up through the roof, with a stacked stone veneer that anchors the room.

Comments (7)

  • 13 years ago
    I love the stone wall. Does not look like an afterthought at all. I have always wanted a fireplace in my home and this is very inspirational.
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked RJ Jo
  • 13 years ago
    Nicely doe
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked deannan
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Such a great idea! Completed the room nicely and made it look so much more inviting. I bet they love it!
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked Brown Bros. Masonry
  • 13 years ago
    A real class act!
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked Marylou Von Heyman
  • 13 years ago
    Love it!!!!
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked jck910
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Flows well, inside to outside, excellent!
    COASTROAD Hearth & Patio thanked SPACIALISTS ( 3D Rendering and Architectural Viz D