Software
Houzz Logo Print
macd27988

Tree Recommendations!

6 years ago

Hello,


I just moved to a new house and I'm looking to plant some new trees or shrubs. I'd appreciate some tips on what I could plant here that would provide some screening and look nice. I'm in zone 7, the area gets full sun, the soil is clay, and it seems to drain alright. I'd like to screen as much of the deck view as possible (~30 feet width) and there is 10 feet between the deck and the fence. The clearance from the ground to above the deck railings is 10 feet.


There are a couple taller flowering cherry trees there right now, but unfortunately they don't provide much screening from our very close neighbors and there's been gutter and roof damage from some of the limbs falling, so I would remove these and replace with something smaller. Also the deck is narrow and old so I'm not planning on doing many planters on the deck.


I appreciate any advice and tips!


Left side of the deck



Right side of the deck


Between the deck and fence


Area between fence and deck


Comments (9)