Software
Houzz Logo Print
jillchunt77

A cast iron, single basin kitchen sink (other than Kohler WhiteHaven)?

5 years ago

Looking for a cast iron, single basin sink for our kitchen remodel. I feel like the apron on the WhiteHaven is just too bulky/stocky. Has anyone else felt the same way? Have you found a sink similar to the style of the American Standard Delancey (barely any reviews available), or the Kohler Dickenson-which I love, but needs to come in 35/36" length?! Thanks!!

Comments (20)

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Elkay Quartz Luxe in Ricotta. Spectacular sink and unlike cast iron, the color goes all the way through. Gotta have a 36" cabinet, but you're remodeling anyway.

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I have no idea why anyone wants a cast iron kitchen sink since the first time a cast iron pot gets dropped the sink will chip.and why white anyway . But Joseph is right at least something that will not show every chip. I still think stainless is timeless and so easy to live with .

  • 5 years ago

    Have you looked at the Kohler Riverby?

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks All...
    Joseph, I’ll have to look into that. I really like the way that looks!

  • 5 years ago

    Mom (lol), We were hoping for an apron front too...

  • 5 years ago

    I have had a cast iron sink for many, many decades. I have never had a sink chip because I dropped a heavy pot into it. Ceco makes cast iron sinks; I don't know if they have what you are looking for though.

  • 5 years ago

    If you’re looking for an apron front, that Elkay Joseph Corlett recommended looks great!

  • 5 years ago

    Kohler sets the standard. Everything else is lesser.

  • 5 years ago

    Okay, I have a Kohler cast iron sink for 18 years now. It has never chipped, but it has some scratches and now stains easily. I have only cleaned it with “bar keepers friend”; it still cleans up nicely with elbow grease. My next sink will be stainless steel, undermount.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    "Kohler sets the standard. Everything else is lesser."


    Pffftttt.

  • 5 years ago

    @jillchunt77 What did you decide on? I'm having this exact debate right now. I really wish there was a slimmer profile on a Kohler cast iron that looks great. I want to pull the trigger on the Elkay but am afraid I'll hate the finish and there are no showrooms that have it on display. Curious as to what you landed on and how you like it.

  • 5 years ago

    We did end up getting the WhiteHaven, I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for and couldn't devote anymore time to the search, so this was the closest. Let me tell you the sink is HUGE! We are going to do white-ish countertops, so Im hoping that the bulky front blends in a bit. Still havent actually installed it yet though!

  • 5 years ago

    @jillchunt77 Thanks for sharing. Hope it turns out just like you want it! I'm in the same boat wondering if I just order it in the short apron front and live with it.

  • 5 years ago

    We have a round cast iron Kohler sink on a bar and the Kohler cast utility sink -- both at our beach house and they get beat to death ... perfect and 20 years old. Just ordered the Kohler Hayridge CI --- it's the Whitehaven with the ribbed front. I was going to order the real deal shaw -- came close to getting the bow front. The Kohler is a nice sink and the deep front looks great

  • 5 years ago

    @jillchunt77 and @TAG thanks for sharing. I'm still on the fence about the apron on the Kohlers and if it will drive me crazy to have that front as much as I want the cast iron. @Joseph Corlett, LLC I've seen your posts and seems like you don't have a bad thing to say about the Elkay Luxe...even in Ricotta? Does it have a "plastic" look to it in person? There's nowhere near me that has one with the apron front on display and the undermounts are all the the greys.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    It doesn't look like plastic to me.

  • 5 years ago

    HD has a new kohler cast iron apron front sink it’s Elmbrook. It’s smaller than the white haven and cost less.

  • 5 years ago

    @Joseph Corlett, LLC, have you had any experience with the Blanco Silgranit farmhouse sink? Wondering how it compares to the Elkay Quartz and Kohler Whitehaven (as far as chipping/cracking/staining)? Thank you


  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Saniya:


    Blanco makes nice sinks, but I'm always using short apron sinks and I don't believe they make one.