party_music50

Driver license / passport renewal?

party_music50
5 days ago

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place, and I'm wondering if anyone's in a similar situation with any knowledge, ideas, or advice. lol! I'm in NY and have a regular driver's license that expired several months ago -- I would like to upgrade to an Enhanced license, but due to covid the renewal process is by appointment only and I'm still waiting for my 'earliest available appt' in mid January. lol! In the meanwhile, the DMV is now sending me threatening msgs, saying that my grace period on an expired license ends on Dec 3, and I should renew asap. My only option to renew immediately is to do it on-line for another regular license, then I'd have a year to get an eye exam and have the proof sent to the DMV. A regular license would work if I'm willing to carry my passport for all flights or going to Canada, so I checked my passport and see that renewal is due in a couple of months. I'm not sure whether passport services are really operating now either. The last time I renewed my passport I used the local PO to take the official photo. I'm leery of attempting to supply my own photo and renew on-line. I'll see what I can learn about their current operations, but I'm wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and can offer any info/advice. If you renew a passport on-line, how do you supply the req'd photo? Everything I've read seems to indicate that you should supply a 2"x2" hardcopy photo -- do they accept the digital version for on-line renewals?

Comments (20)