Software
Houzz Logo Print
krnuttle

When to stop cutting grass

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We live about 25 miles east of Raleigh NC, about 250 feet above sea level. My yard is shaded part of the day. Our winter average temperature is in the 20's, and every several years it may fall into the teens, and rarely get in the single digit temperature. Temperatures below 20 usually last less than a week.

Last September I planted Fescue 31, and with the weekly rains we have had this fall it is growing quite well.

My question is when do I stop mowing, or do I continue to mow when ever the yard needs mowing though out the cold weather months?


This is the first time since I lived here that it looks like I have a chance at getting grass in my yard, rather than an eclectic mixture of green plants, and I don't what to mess it up

Comment (1)