Software
Houzz Logo Print
jasmine_li63

Need ideas for Bathroom style

5 years ago

I am going to have a partial remodel for our tiny bathroom to turn the shower stall to a tile shower. Since we decide to keep the other part of the bathroom, now I am having a difficult time to choose a right style to match the brown/gray bathroom tile and the grey wall paint.

Here are the picture of my bath, would love to hear your advices.

Comments (21)

  • 5 years ago

    White porcelain tile or whatever stone is on your countertop. Is the wall on the right of the shower (shower wall) part of the other room? I ask because we had a faux wall (dead space) and by ripping it out, we were able to make a much larger shower. The framed in for a standard size shower pan when the house was built.

  • 5 years ago

    Hi Liz, unfortunately both the wall on the right of the shower and the wall on the back of the shower are part of kitchen walls. I also attached out kitchen design for your reference. The column on the left upper corner is the other side of shower.

  • 5 years ago

    Okay, just to make sure I’m looking at this right, the shower is 36” across? If l/when you get rid of the frosted door and do a frames glass door, it will feel significantly bigger.

  • 5 years ago

    Sorry about the typos

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you Liz. Actually we already picked a bi-fold door as the pic. Now we are stuck at choosing the right tiles to coordinate the original bath.

  • 5 years ago

    my boyfriend and I like a black wall tile, inspired by there houzz pictures. but we got advices that dark color would make it small and may not look good with the floor and wall outside. So we are very lost now.

  • 5 years ago

    Is your vanity black/dark espresso or brown? I was going off the assumption it was a mahogany color?

  • 5 years ago

    I would say...expresso?

  • 5 years ago

    It’s the floor that complicates things since it’s traditional. Maybe you can do something like this? https://www.tilebar.com/halo-rivulet-greige-11x40-textured-ceramic-tile.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqam1x-a87gIVjeDICh0mQwRYEAQYASABEgLB9PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

  • 5 years ago

    Wow, I like the product you share! You mean using this for the shower wall?

  • 5 years ago

    This is my shower stall— my shower floor is the same stone as the nook. A stone could tie in the brown too?

  • 5 years ago

    Yes, for the shower tile. I also did wall paper and a mural in my powder room and it transformed the space..., could add a bit of fun and take your eye away from the floor.

  • 5 years ago

    thank you Liz. I was playing around the virtual view from the website for the tile. It always failed to paint my wall with the shower head lol. I agree with you that I need something with a brown effect. The product you recommend does it. We will look into this direction. Btw, Your bath room looks nice. I like the lighting as well.

  • 5 years ago

    I do like how that looks— would probably to vertical vs horizontal when installing. Thanks... my powder room is an led backlit mirror. Taking out the vanity light and connecting this in its place really modernized it.

  • 5 years ago

    I searched led backlit products. Seems they don’t have cabinet options. We need have the cabinet to maximize storage space :(

  • 5 years ago

    Here you go... it’s the same company as Paris Mirror but less $. https://www.ibmirror.com/led-mirrors/lighted-mirrors/backlit/illuminated/300/2300/6/0/best

    Jasmine Li thanked Liz H
  • 5 years ago

    Thanks for sharing Liz. But the cabinet is almost $$$$, that’s absolutely out of my budget :) I am still looking for other alternatives

  • 5 years ago

    The bathroom project finished! Here’s the before vs after! Though I did not take tile bar product, wanna say thank you to Liz for sharing ideas with me

  • 5 years ago

    Such an improvement. Nice work, enjoy!

    Jasmine Li thanked Carrie B
  • 5 years ago

    Very nice! What tile did you use in the shower?

    Jasmine Li thanked User