Software
Houzz Logo Print
dianap7000

Which Vinyl windows- Milgard, Pella, Marvin, Simonton, Anlin

5 years ago

We live in Los Angeles and want good quality white vinyl windows for a house addition. All the existing windows are Milgard vinyl and we have been very happy with their quality and warranty (Milgard has made some repairs and replacments over the years and service was great!) Milgard's pricing seems competitive but we are wondering if we should consider any of the other brands listed above for the new construction. We have a ranch house built in the 1960s. Timing is a consideration as well. Milgard has a 7 week lead time right now and we would not want any longer lead time. Thanks in advance for any input!

Comments (7)

  • 4 years ago

    I would totally stay away from Milgard. We used them for one side of the house to see if we wanted to complete the rest of the house with them. The casement windows don’t close correctly after only a few months and the installation was very sloppy- terrible caulking and huge cracks in my stucco where they weren’t careful taking the old windows out(!)
    The sales rep for Milgard and the window company (Pelican) were no help. They came out and made a bunch of promises but nothing ever got fixed.
    We live in Southern California. I decided to maybe try another company that sold Milgard. If you look at Milgard’s main site on yelp out of Temecula they have only a three star review on average! Everyone is complaining ….whole houses of windows are failing and Milgard is not getting back to them.
    We are looking at Anlin for the rest of the house now. The company I am looking at has great reviews. Does anyone have experience with Anlin?

  • 2 years ago

    @ruthdanila, yikes I'm just about to sign a contract for Milguard in SoCal but through US Windows and Doors. What company did you go with for subsequent windows and are you more satisfied?

  • 2 years ago

    @dianap7000 What manufacturer did you ultimately choose and are you happy?

  • 2 years ago

    I’m very happy with my Milgard windows. They make windows, they don’t do the installation so if improperly installed I suspect any window will have problems.

  • 2 years ago

    Hi RosyHips, We actually did go with US windows and doors. None of the windows were straight, meaning they had curvature of the vinyl frame. We have been trying to remediate this with Stacy, the manager, and he keeps sending us the bill, but will not address fixing the windows. Through talking to the California state licensing board, we were told that we do not need to pay for these until they are done correctly. We did try Anlin, as I said, in my previous post. We were unhappy with the look and the quality of Anlin as well as the sound insulation ...🥲No vinyl windows are that good looking, but in defense of Milgard, their windows are the best looking of all that I looked at. That said, In San Diego I have not found one good company to go through. Again, US Windows and doors seems, in my opinion,very poorly run. Good luck.

  • 2 years ago

    @ruthdanila Thank you for that feedback on US Window. I have heard that Milgard has been sold 2x and quality has decreased. My next interview is with Action Windows & Door (Spring Valley) for Simonton windows, who apparently has the best warranty. Hoping the actual window quality is good. If you know anything about Action Window, please share!