Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esparza831

romance up my bedroom

Mayra Vaz
2 years ago

Hi I am trying to get my master bedroom more cozy and pretty with some pillows and wall decor!! Any ideas

Comments (20)

• houssaon
    2 years ago

The first thing I would do is remove the TV. (There are only two things that should happen in a bedroom and one of them isn't watching TV.) Then you can hang a pretty piece of art, add drapery panels to bring color into the room. If you can, I would out the high chest against the wall instead of the corner.

• Renee
    2 years ago

Bed under the windows to start.

• User
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Now for something completely different:

Take away the 2 chairs

Put the 2 dressers flat against the walls to either side of the TV.

Build a box made with white sliding or folding shutters that can cover both the TV and the windows, but reveal them as needed.

Put an upholstered storage bench under the (now hidden) TV

Get rid of the nightstands and lamps

Center the bed as best you can on the wall

Use small plug-in sconces on either side of the bed and add narrow night tables.

Get some fabulous bedding that you both love

I think I might put a full length mirror on that bump-out wall just because it would be so useful

• Rawketgrl
    2 years ago

You have a good start, with a few tweaks and additions, the room will feel cozy and relaxing, the perfect mood for intimacy.

1. Clean the room, make the bed, take everything off the dressers.

2. Kill the television, seriously, electronics are antithetical to romance

3. move the 2 dressers to the side walls

4. Place the 2 chairs and small round table centered on window wall. You might not have room for an ottoman or foot stool but place cozy throws on the chairs

5. Place fresh flowers on small round table between chairs

6. Place art on wall where TV is and over the shorter of the 2 dressers,

7. Placed framed pictures of you two on the tall dresser with some beautiful candles and candlesticks.

8. Soft drapes on windows

9. Style bed side tables

Ensure art shows two people kissing or being romantic, have pairs of things together, soft fabrics, no sharp edges, rounded edges, no old, broken or damaged items, dimmer lights, soft music, warm light colors, all things to create a relaxing space for both of you and keep the space neat and sparkling clean.

• User
    2 years ago

Or you could do black satin sheets and lipstick red bench…

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 years ago

Draw the room and show the dimensions of all walls, doors, windows. , closet etc

Start by taking OUT!!!

One chair, one dresser, one side table. It's so loaded up in a small space........how do you breathe : ) Tv? Off the wall please and better? OUT.

• modpod
    2 years ago

Without dimensions it is hard to tell, but could you move the bed to the wall opposite the door so both nightstands can be even with the bed? Then you can move one of the chests to where the bed is currently. Do you need both chests? The sideboard would be perfect. You could add a mirror or artwork over it. You can then center the chairs under the windows with new drapery and new bedding.

• Rebekah L
    2 years ago

Candles! Essential oil diffuser. A mirror in a convenient place 😉 And to piggyback on an earlier comment, pics of you and your partner and DEFINITELY none of your kids. Invest in good sheets, really good ones, make that bed a refuge for the two of you.

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

Shame you hung the TV up as I would have liked to see the bed in the middle of the two windows with a pretty headboard and bedding. If it is not possible to move the TV, can you place the bed in the middle of the wall opposite of the bedroom door?

• rockyroad33
    2 years ago

Get rid of the TV and put the bed between the windows. Get drapes for the windows. Get rid of one dresser.

• PRO
    LiLu Interiors
    2 years ago

We recommend decluttering the room a bit. The two chairs and two dressers are a bit much. Perhaps move the dressers in a closet if they will fit and then flank the TV with a chair on either side. We would also suggest getting window treatments and new lamps. Below are some of our designs to aid you with your dilemma.

Art of Family · More Info

City Charm · More Info

Deco Boutique Home · More Info

Posh Playhouse · More Info

• partim
    2 years ago

You're on the right track by wanting to add fabric to the room to soften it. Your dark and square-lined furniture has a high contrast to the walls. The pattern of the chairs is, again, very modern with hard-edged straight lines. The opposite of cozy and pretty.

If you are not planning to re-paint, can you tell us the colour and brand of the wall paint? Colours are hard to tell on screen. On my screen your walls look like they are a peach colour. If you are planning to keep your duvet cover, is it white or cream?

Your angled furniture pieces are making the room look very cramped. I will assume that you really need all the furniture items you have. If you put the taller, narrower dresser under the TV, then you could add floor to ceiling curtain panels on either side of the windows which would add softness to the room. Choose flowing "touchable" fabrics. Something velvety or velour-ish would work, instead of something like a shiny satin fabric or a stiffer cotton. You could let the fabric puddle on the floor. Similarly for pillows for the bed. Make sure they're generously sized and a touchable soft velvety fabric.

For colours, if the chairs are staying then repeat the darker colour in the chair's fabric for the curtains and pillows.

Hard to advise on furniture placement but could the longer dresser go flat on the left side wall? Remove the table between the 2 chairs and put them closer together, flat against the wall. If you give us a drawing of the room with dimensions you'll get more ideas.

• loobab
    2 years ago

I am not sure why you have angled the taller dresser rather than placing it flat against the wall perpendicular to the lower dresser.

As it is, it seems to crowd the room more.

I would get rid of the lamps on the bedside tables and use sconces affixed to the wall instead. If you don't want to get an electrician, then use the plug-in type. You can get cord covers and paint the cord cover to match your wall paint to make it disappear. Your bedside lamps take up too much visual space.

I would get curtains for your windows. They give a softer look and would cover your blinds which are a decidedly unattractive look.

You are entitled to watch television in your bedroom, but is there some way to camouflage the TV set when you are not watching it? There are ways to have the set look like a piece of art, or put shutters over it, etc. Right now, it looks like a great black hole, which is decidedly unattractive. Especially combined with the dark furniture.

You need some artwork on the walls.

Get rid of the clutter on the dressers.

Get a nice flowering plant.

There is nothing romantic about a fetal ultrasound. Furthermore, exposing it to the light will make it fade like the old-fashioned fax paper. Put it in your photo album away from the light.

There is nothing wrong with chairs in the bedroom, parents need a private place to talk away from the children.

But do soften the look with some textural throw pillows on the chairs in off white or white.

Please improve the look of your bed with two large throw pillows with an interesting texure or pattern in off white.

I would get something to put over your bed.

Heavy art over the bed makes me nervous in case of a natural disaster, I prefer something like fiber art such as a large macrame wall hanging.

If the ceiling lights are not on a timer, have a timer installed.

Good luck!

• Nicole James
    2 years ago

You've gotten lots of feedback. I would love to see what you end up doing. Please post pictures.

• loobab
    2 years ago

A whole lot of loose fabric hanging behind the bed is a huge dust catcher and is not healthy at all. And who wants to be standing on the bed and vacuuming that?

• everdebz
    2 years ago

A muted color would be nice in between white and dark furniture colors. Add rectangular or round item you/ yours like above bed... To me, it's easier and so fun to buy a lumbar pillow at Home Goods!

Lush Decor Ravello Pintuck Ruffle Skirt Bedspread Woodrose 3Pc Set Queen · More Info

tucks on crinkle Microfiber and elegant ruffled edges / farmhouse, traditional

• everdebz
    2 years ago

12 x 25" tall enough? anyway... this 'bypasses' issue of matching furniture with dark bronze lamp - by using a color. Might this blend with your handles? Seems woodrose and these are contemporary enough for the room.

Milan Table Lamp Set, Pink Silver Glass Base & White Fabric Empire Shade, Modern · More Info

• everdebz
    2 years ago

I sincerely want to help if I am able, to bring ideas for your life! I need those too. :)

I feel good with this on my skin - if sitting in chairs, this could be for feet, or a smaller one.

Faux Hide Rug/Throw, Polar Bear, 4'x5' · More Info

• everdebz
    2 years ago

I deleted my post because I decided that accessories was where you're at -- this blue is good with white bedding - adds texture:

Structure by Surya Pillow Cover, Sage, 18' x 18' · More Info