Software
Houzz Logo Print
buildgh

Bathroom

13 years ago
Guest bathroom renovation. There was no bathtub, just a stand up shower prior to the renovation.

Comments (20)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Interesting color choices.
  • 13 years ago
    Neat remodel!
    BUILD thanked blakeahart
  • 13 years ago
    Love the wood look wall behind the vanity
    BUILD thanked nikawareham
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    It is reclaimed teak.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Sadly, I think your taste is very specific. Pink tub and turquoise sinks will probably hurt resale value, if that is important to you.
  • 13 years ago
    Agree that seems to be a true reversal of what is supposed to be most people's choices when doing a master remodel...
    maybe they needed a tub but the color choices would throw me off...
  • 13 years ago
    I think it's fabulous! Love the sinks. Bold and exciting. Good for you!
    BUILD thanked Gogs
  • 13 years ago
    I actually really like this reno!!! The colors are unique but I think it reflects the designer/home owners personality and it works. The blue sinks look like so much fun. Very creative!
    BUILD thanked Christine Li
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The bathroom is actually a kids bathroom for 6 & 4 year old girls who like to have baths. There was no other tub in the house prior to this renovation.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Fun for the girls! Like the sink area very much!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Forgot to say - I love tubs and hate to see them yanked outta bathrooms! Never been fond of standing in a shower for 10-20 minutes when I could be soaking at the end of a long day! Generation gap or personal choice? . . . IDK
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Love how people sugar coat thing on these forums, people use words like: gutys, interesting, unique.

    But I am a firm believer that its your house do what you want, you have to live with it. But we do not have to like it. My recommendation would be to remove the sinks and change them to a low profile rectangle vessel.
  • 13 years ago
    @Bathgems. I do not sugarcoat. The word 'gutsy' was a deliberate choice, because these are brave choices. The rest of my comments state that I love the bath as is, because I too believe that when it is your house - do what you like. Please read all the posts before you comment. This is a new bathroom for two young girls, so they will not be swapping out the sinks as you suggested ... to something less gutsy.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great vanity!
  • 13 years ago
    I like this! One sink to two cool ones. Updated glass tile. And I have a separate shower and tub. Occasionally I wish they were combined. Like after a sore muscle soak, and I need to wash my hair...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Really like the tile! Looks similar to something our clients just picked out!
  • 13 years ago
    That's great that you have enough room in the standing shower to replace with a tub. Baths are so relaxing! If the girls grow out of the colors you can just replace the sink basins. I think the tub is a neutral enough pink that it wouldn't bother them later on. Love the vanity by the way, totally something I would get.
  • 13 years ago
    I absolutely LOVE it!!! I'm obsessed with turquoise lately and this is the bomb!
  • 13 years ago
    I'm not all that crazy about the tub but the sinks and vanity are awesome!!!!!!!
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH