Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_bb

Podocarpus help (and other garden plants)

Bob
2 years ago

HIi,

Last summer we planted four large podocarpus trees in our yard, as well as a group of smaller podocarpus as a hedge. One of the trees (tree on left in pic) was stressed due to the landscaper allowing the tree to tilt for too long before addressing. Several months later, it has lost a lot of its leaves and is not growing as well as the others. Additionally, the landscaper had a miscommunication with the pool guys when a line was broken and the result was no water to my plants for about 3 weeks. This occurred about 2 months ago.

Since planting, the podocarpus have turned yellow and brown, and are nowhere near the deep green color they were when planted. I am concerned that the tree will not come back, and that the hedges have thinned lout too much and are perhaps dying. Can anyone tell me if what I am seeing is the result of the water being off, stress, or perhaps some sort of fertilizer that is necessary?

We have some other plants around the property that I snapped some shots of, so you can see the yellowing on those as well. We DO have a lot of plants in the property that are very hearty, green and blooming flowers, so the issue does not seem to be widespread.

I live in Southern California.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting