Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_307712693

Cambria Lakedale Quartz Pictures?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are having trouble deciding on our countertop. I love Cambria Lakedale in the (very few) pictures I've been able to find and the small sample I ordered. But the larger sample at our Home Depot makes the dark grey veins look almost hunter green, and there are large "spots" in the design. They don't come through in online, so I'm trying to figure out of it's just a bad sample or if I should pick a different design.Does anyone have pictures of Cambria Lakedale installed?

Comments (87)

• 2 years ago

• 2 years ago

Stunning!

• 2 years ago

Love it! Can you show a picture of the corner counter area. (where lazy Susan cabinet is)

• 2 years ago

Still waiting on backsplash and rangehood.

• 2 years ago

Beautiful! You are where I am. I am getting Jeffrey Court Weather Grey backsplash soon. Above the stove I’m doing an accent in grey glass and quartz.

• 2 years ago

Thank you Rob. Love your Lakedale Counters. I think we are going for Dovestone, only because of our corner area and the direction of the veins for us would have to be horizontal & Vertical to each other unless we bought another slab, is what we were told. I see your veining is done the way i wanted it, but dont want to buy another slab for that reason, even though HD charges by sq. foot, they said that would be a custom job. Thank you again.

• 2 years ago

Yes, it’s not perfectly matched but they did a pretty good job with it.

• 2 years ago

thanks for sharing, we're about to get Lakedale also and our kitchen is almost identical. Curious what you ended up doing for your hood and did you do quartz backsplash too? Also like your finishes on your faucet and knobs, they look like they're not quite black? thanks so much!

• 2 years ago

Not sure if it’s me you are asking, but I bought a Lowe’s black hood. The faucet is an Amazon buy and in an antique brass.

• 2 years ago

I can’t delete, sorry for chiming in.

• 2 years ago

I’m about to install Lakedale for my counters. Does anyone have a good picture of also doing it as the backsplash. Right now I am planning to do white subway tile with white grout with the Lakedale counters. I am concerned about keeping the white tile and white grout clean though.

• 2 years ago

I did Jeffrey Court Weather Grey with Artic white grout. I sealed the grout to keep it fresh. It really brings out the colors in the Lakedale. We love it!

• 2 years ago

It looks beautiful!!

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Tile bar Montauk Gin 4x4

• 2 years ago

We went a different route and selected a blue backsplash to tie our navy lowers and white uppers together. I really love how it turned out. And I compliments Lakedale beautifully.

This is Merola Tile Antic Special Via Lactea.

• last year

Rob Rodgers, I love the color of your cabinets! We just got Lakedale and are going to paint our cabinets. Are yours painted or is that a factory color? Do you know what color they are? Do you know what color your walls are?

• last year

Wall color is drift of mist. Cabinets were sprayed in benjamin moore pure white or simply white . I can‘t remember which but I will find out.

• last year

@Rob Rodgers I like the Lakedale but I'm nervous about it being "off white" with our white cabinets. We were originally looking for a brighter white - we'll have a "white kitchen" too. Does it look more creamy/off white in person with your cabinets?

• last year

I don’t see it as off white so much. Maybe this will help. My grout is artic white.

• last year
    last modified: last year

I wanted to provide a differing, well-researched and informed opinion than that of @Patricia Colwell Consulting. Not all quartz is equal. There are companies like MSI that produce subpar quartz with lower quartz to resin ratio, and they are known for chipping and staining. Way back in the 60s, an Italian company called Breton patented the process to make quartz slabs. Over the 50 years they have perfected the process. While this list is by no means definitive, there are recognizable brands of quartz manufactured in Breton-stone factories. Some of those brands are Cambria, CaesarStone, Silestone and Corian quartz. Cambria differs from all others in 2 key areas: 1) the veining/patterns are layered throughout the entire slab. 2) Cambria is the only brand that offers a lifetime warranty. Certain retailers, like Home Depot, have exclusive patterns (such as Dovetail and Lakedale) that no other retailer can sell. This exclusivity in no way implies there is degradation in quality. Cambria stands behind these slabs with the same lifetime warranty. The process to produce these slabs is no different than other Cambria slabs and the quartz mineral for all Cambria slabs is sourced in Minnesota. There is a reason these slabs are the top tier of the quartz market. Here are some reasons you SHOULD buy Cambria from Home Depot. Other fabricators will charge the consumer a per square foot fee for remnants left over from fabrication. In one quote I got, the cost was $55 per square foot on a slab that was typically $160 per square foot. That means you are paying $55 per square foot for material that you don't use, and they will likely turn around and sell that remnant to someone else. I find this practice reprehensible. Home Depot only charges you for the square foot you actually use which saves you hundred of dollars. Another reason is solely based on Home Depot's volume. They have the buying power to be able to offer 20% off simply because of the volume they move. This is goods new for the consumer. I priced one Cambria slab at Rocktops in Kansas City, and they charged 160/sqf and they charged $55/sqf for material left over from the slab. The Lakedale Cambria slab sold at Home Depot is normally $125/sqf, and I got it on sale for $98/sqf. Video of Lakedale Slab

• last year

As far as chipping is concerned, I can add to this conversation. Not even a week after we had ours installed, my husband dropped a subway tile on it and the tile shattered. There was no mark at all on the quartz.

• last year

This is for all of you that have chosen Lakedale. Were you given the option of picking your slab?

i went to a Cambria shpwroom today to see the slabs in person in order to narrow down my choices and the Lakedale slab i saw was perfect.

• last year

Kirsten, that probably depends on your local fabricator. We were not asked to (and we didn't ask) to pick our slab, but we were able to review and adjust the templates with where the pattern would land.

• last year

We didn’t. I did hear if you want to pick how/where the slab is cut that costs extra bc of the time it takes for the customer to pick how they want it.

• last year

My templating is schedule 10/04. For the price of the Quartz, you’d better believe I will see the slabs first.

• last year

No. The only input we had was the fabricator contacted us about how they wanted to do the veining. We had a choice to accept it the way they suggested or not, but when I asked them more questions, their attitude toward me changed and they told me if I wanted any more input I would have needed to pay extra for that upfront (which was never given to me as an option)..

• last year

@Rob Rodgers, were you able to find out which paint color your cabinets are? thats the exact look we’re going for. Appreciate any help!

• last year

How does it pick up brown cabinets? That is why I want Lakedale

• last year

I'm thinking about Lakedale as well. I really like the charcoal and lightbrown veining, I'm doing a high backsplash behind my range and under the upper cabinets. I'm hoping to get a "mountain range" look, or large hills. LOL.

My only concern with Lakedale are the random dark spots. Do they really stick out? I'm concerned they will bother me. The Lakedale sample at my local Home Depot has a whiter background, not cream. I also pick up a dark green hue in the veining which was mentioned in the original post.

Also, Why would you need to pick out a slab? I thought these were manufactured and should all look the same? Isn't there a QA process that Cambria products need to go through during production?

• last year

I love it, no backsplash yet…

• last year

I just had mine installed and the black ink spots are driving me crazy. Did anyone have theirs redone because of the spots?

• last year

I bought Cambria Lakedale today. I also purchased all black cabinets. Trying to decide on a backsplash. wanted to do a white tile but Lakedale is an off white, not vanilla, not white. I don’t really want to use a gray backsplash as thats been my color of choise for about 10 years and I’m over it. can anyone suggest a whitish tile that looks good?

• last year

@michael Bingham-hawk, how’d you get the sale? Just good timing it was it a particular slab was on sale?

• last year

@Mike HopkinsHouss purchased around Memorial Day/Labor Day sales.

• last year

I am deciding between Lakedale and Beckington. I am just doing an island and need to match to existing fawn colored quartz ( Silestone Halley) so I don't want a bright white. In talking with a few local HD I learned that in June they will get more Cambria colors but it might increase prices. Because of this I will purchase today with the current 20 pct off. $98/sf is a great deal. Its $139/ sf here without a sale.

• last year

I agree. I also purchased. Considering an off white penny tile with white grout backsplash. May be too busy but I have always liked penny tile.

• last year

To whoever asked about picking slabs. We are installing Lakedale in matte which is special order, so I don't know if we had the option of picking the actual slabs. However, we have been once to our fabricator to go over the layout (we have a U-shaped kitchen and are also using Lakedale as the backsplash,) and we will be going next week to finalize the design now that they have the actual slabs in. We spent over an hour going over different design options the first time, and were not charged any extra for this service. Our fabricator is very accommodating and easy to work with. As someone mentioned, for the price of the quartz, it's the least they can do. Also, when I first started looking at Cambria, Lakedale was an exclusive Home Depot design. That is no longer the case; they are back in Cambria's "luxury series". I guess I missed out on the cheaper price :( ...

• last year

You are lucky to get an accommodating fabricator. Ours would not let us come look at the layout. They told us we would have had to pay extra for that at the time of purchase (I believe about $600), which of course was never even offered. They weren't too nice about it either.

• last year

Rob, on the Gin backsplash, does it look white or gray? I’m thinking about using it with Lakedale. Would love your thoughts on the color match. I’m looking for more of a white with character/ interest.

• last year

Joyce, can you tell me what tile you used (the manufacturer and color)?

• 11 months ago

For anyone still considering Cambria Lakedale, we just had ours installed and I love it. We chose a matte finish which is a much softer look. Our fabricators, Wave Granite and Marble, were easy to work with and allowed us a lot of input on the design layout. The installers were careful and precise, and even moved a large piece of quartz which had already been mounted, because we thought it needed to be adjusted. All in all, they did a fantastic job, and I couldn't be happier with their work. I wanted to wait until our cabinets were painted (TruCustom Cabinets, also great) to post pictures, because the black really makes the color in the quartz stand out. The pictures still don't do justice, though. Anyway, hope this helps anyone considering this design.

• 11 months ago

We are also doing black cabinets with the Lakedale. Thank you for sharing your pictures. They are beautiful. Also wanted to say that I love the phone on the wall in the one picture, takes me back. Love it.

• 11 months ago

LOL! The phone used to work, but we recently disconnected our land line. I kept it because I like the way it looks : ).

• 9 months ago

We just had lakedale installed and we weren’t expecting so many random black spots! I love the soft white back round and the dark grey and tan veining, but not too happy about the black spot (looks like black magic marker)!

I just wish i would have been warned of this or read these reviews first, i probablly would have chosen something else! 😕

• 9 months ago

I don't mind the black spots..it has been mentioned in many reviews..

• 9 months ago

What is the purpose of the black spots...I think they take away from the overall design, almost like they are a mistake. I really like the design and was considering it for my kitchen, but I can't get past the dark spots.

• 9 months ago

I used Lakedale with black cabinets and I don’t mind the black spots. I wish there was just a little more veining. I like the color of the veins just wish there were a little more.

• 9 months ago

The black spots only seem more bothersome because it is engineered. If it were natural, it would be less annoying. I do find myself rubbing over them with cleaning wipes just to make sure it’s not something that needs to be wiped. I do love the Quartz though. We paired it with a Brazilian slate backsplash in the perimeter counters and with Sherwin Williams Peppercorn in the island. We love it.

• 4 months ago

This thread is incredibly helpful! Thanks to all who have posted and responded to questions. Would anyone be willing to post a pic of the black ink-looking spots that are mentioned?

• 17 days ago

@Patricia Mohan How is your Cambria Matte holding up? I'm considering the Matte but I've read horror stories about it not being able to be cleaned/having problems elsewhere on Houzz. Just wondering if anyone doesn't have issues with it. Thanks!