Software
Houzz Logo Print
kerim_catovic

Pieris growth on a lower branch wilting

4 years ago

I got two pieris flaming silver last year. One I planted behind the house in somewhat sheltered area and one I potted up. I live outside USA so I'm not sure what my zone would be, but I live underneath a mountain so our winters are very cold and harsh with loads of snow, and summers get really hot with harsh sun and chilly nights. Both pieris survived the winter. The potted one is doing a lot better, looking absolutely gorgeous with plenty of new foliage. However, leaves on a bottom branch started wilting. Drainage in the pot is excellent, and the soil drains well too. It's packed with compost, pine bark conditioner and coffee grounds. I'm also being stingy on watering but I make sure it doesn't dry up completely. A week or so ago we had some strong winds but this side of the plant was turned towards a wall so I'm not sure if wilting was happening before the winds. I know pieris don't tolerate winds that well, buy would wind even have such an effect on it?

Comments (2)