Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lincoln97

Physical on Apple TV

Zalco/bring back Sophie!
last year
last modified: last year

I just realized last week was the season finale. I am so bummed. Just thought I'd share my disappointment with at least Nini here, who likes this dark and funny piece of entertainment. Can't wait for Ted Lasso to be back.

Anybody watching something good ?

Comments (21)

• Bunny
    last year

This Monday is the series finale of Better Call Saul. What a time it's been.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Bunny
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    Original Author
    last year

I never watched that one. Spun off from Breaking Bad, right?

Original Author
    last year

I am enjoying Sandman on Netflix.

• bpath
    last year

I stopped watching Breaking Bad after a couple of seasons, but I like better Call Saul.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked bpath
  • Bunny
    last year

bpath, I loved Breaking Bad. The first few seasons of BCS weren't so dependent on BB, but the last couple, especially this final season, would be lacking without knowing BB. At least my opinion.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Bunny
  • Bookwoman
    last year

We're rewatching The Leftovers (HBOMax). Bizarre premise, but wonderful acting and very inventive scripts. Plus it's beautifully shot.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Bookwoman
  • nini804
    last year

I’ve been so busy getting kiddos ready for college…I am three episodes behind! 😩 I can’t believe the season is over…wonder if there will be a third season? Did it seem like there could be after you watched the last one?

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked nini804
    Original Author
    last year

Nini, there had better be a third season! They set one up perfectly.

• lascatx
    last year

FDIL (she who already refers to me as FMIL though they are not formally engaged) has us watching Chair with Sandra O. It is a single short season, so we will be finished with what is available perhaps as early as tomorrow. Will probably watch Ted Lasso from the start again when the third season is available. My younger son hasn't watched it -- maybe we can get him interested.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked lascatx
  • Feathers11
    last year

The Bear on Hulu--great Chicago scenes. The main character (Lip from Shameless) is a tortured soul. It's a glimpse into the world of an urban kitchen.

I started watching Reservation Dogs, recommended by a friend. I only turn on my tv when doing weights in my home gym, and these two shows have kept me from dwelling too much on how I hate to lift dumbbells.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Feathers11
  • Bookwoman
    last year

Oh yes, another vote for The Bear. People I know in the restaurant business say it's a very accurate portrayal of what it's like.

• nicole___
    last year

We just started watching "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" on the History Channel. I like it.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked nicole___
  • Feathers11
    last year

That's really helpful, Funky. Thanks for sharing it.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked Feathers11
  • maddielee
    last year

When you want something lighter and fun, Wedding Season (Netflix) is good. I did not realize it was a Ron Howard production, with Ryan Murphy involvement, til the credits ran at the end. I don’t usually watch the credits, but the dance moves and music at the closing kept my attention.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked maddielee
  • nicole___
    last year

Oh....and last night we watched a movie: Day Shift....it was silly. The child in me liked it!

• nicole___
    last year

Netflix has a new show...house remodels in 12 hours! Instant Dream Home. Link to teaser

I haven't watched it....I hope it's "fun"....

• User
    last year
    last modified: last year

Apple TV: We've been watching For All Mankind and LOVE it. Only finished the first season. Every episode is practically a movie, there is so much packed in.

If you liked Ted Lasso for being so positive, I recommend Loot, with Maya Rudolph. It's not quite as good, but still has plenty of LOL moments and is just as warm and wholesome.

We also really loved Severance. It's artsy, beautiful and weird, also very intense. Kind of a small doses show, but it's so well done.

I just finished Roar, and meh. I appreciate the message, but it's very ham fisted and not funny enough to make up for it. The only one I liked is "The Woman Who Returned Her Husband".

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked User
  • Bookwoman
    last year

I too loved the first season of For All Mankind. But it becomes very soap opera-y after that, although that didn't stop me from watching!

And another vote for Severance: such a fascinating show. Plus John Turturro and Christopher Walken.

Original Author
    last year

Severance was fantastic. Loot was hard for me to watch.

Really, really like Sandman. Just finished Episode 6.

• bbstx
    last year

I tried to watch Loot but it was just too cringe-y for me. I have a hard time believing anyone can be as tone-deaf as the main character, whose name I don’t remember. Of course, I only made it through half of one episode. Maybe I need to just cringe and keep watching.

I heard Severance discussed on ”A Way with Words” podcast. I’m going to have to give it a shot.

I ran across an oldie earlier in the summer, ”The Duchess of Duke Street.” It was on PBS eons ago. I think I watched it on Amazon Prime Video, but I’m not sure.

Zalco/bring back Sophie! thanked bbstx
Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County