Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kw23es

Quick Backsplash help needed! Have to decide today! Cambria Sandgate

K W
last year
last modified: last year

So our counters were just installed and I have to match up a backsplash today so install on that can begin tomorrow.

I have some basic choices as not much really matches the counter. The counter always looks more tan than it actually is. This photo I'm trying to show the true colors.

Which goes the best??

Beveled edges in white

Bowling Pins in white with gray matching rectangles

I call this one Ripples - white with dimension waves

White with Gray soft swirlies - Carrara Gris 3x6

And a full line of the bowling pins

Comments (37)

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    last year

I'm leaning towards 2 or 3.

K W thanked Annette Holbrook(z7a)
  • madmsw
    last year

Carter’s grid goes bedt

K W thanked madmsw
  • kandrewspa
    last year

The bowling pins are my favorite. I think all of them except the first one can work.

K W thanked kandrewspa
  • Shelley Miell
    last year

2 and 4. 😊

K W thanked Shelley Miell
  • cpartist
    last year

Beveled edges in white.

K W thanked cpartist
  • herbflavor
    last year

# 2 .. the pins is my fave.

K W thanked herbflavor
  • kj s
    last year

Bowling pins

K W thanked kj s
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

Really I do not like any of those choices and IMO the bowling pins for sure not . Try to find a nice simple subway tile in a color from the counter. I would probably look for a gray that works. BTW I do not like beveled tile they reflect light weirdly and make cleaning a PITA

• K W
    Original Author
    last year

@Patricia Colwell Consulting - we did have a gray in the running but thought it would kind of look like one big stripe around the kitchen?

• flopsycat1
    last year

All those selections seem to compete with the countertop material. Simplest is best with the amount of pattern in your quartz.

• Timi M
    last year

2 or 3.

• RTHawk
    last year

While I like 2 and 4, I feel they will be too busy given the patterned countertop. Between 1 and 3, on my monitor, color for 1 seems to go better with countertop.

• anna_682
    last year

bowling pins, set horizontally.

• acm
    last year

I like the bowling pins from a distance, but I think they'll compete with your counter up close. I imagine you spend some money on that pretty stone, so I'd go with a white or very pale gray with matching grout. Ripples is my favorite of your selections.

• RedRyder
    last year

If I have to pick, Beveled edges or Ripples. While I like the bowling pins, I do think they will be too busy in the end. Honestly, a soft gray would have been perfect. The contrast would highlight your beautiful countertop. I don’t agree that it would look like a “grey ribbon” around the room. You could use some more grey to offset the white cabinets and stone, both of which look gorgeous.

Rushing this is a bad idea. Can you wait till you have some grey tiles to show us? Unhappy owners with sad backsplashes are pretty common on this site.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

None of the above. I agree with Patricia that a plain white rectangle would go best, either white or gray. 2 x 6 is a nice choice. The rest of them are just too much with the counter top material.

• coray
    last year

#3…the soft ripples….the others are too busy with the countertops.

• T Jarmuth
    last year

I've read a lot of comments from other posts to WAIT if you are undecided. The backsplash can go in anytime, even months later.

• RedRyder
    last year

I painted the backsplash wall in my previous house after a ton of work, including an all new kitchen. I did the backsplash a year later. At that time I had the energy to go shopping for the right tiles.

• Susan Emig
    last year

Light grey glass subway tile woukd look stunning!!

• Shelly Anderson
    last year

Post pics of what you ended up doing, please! I’m trying to pick backsplash now for same counter!

• RedRyder
    last year

Your kitchen is really nice! Bravo to your husband!

• Timi M
    last year

Looks great!

• Kay p
    last year

Love it

• la_la Girl
    last year

Looks wonderful! love those vintage roosters 🤩

• kculbers
    last year

Your kitchen is lovely!! Well done.

• anna_682
    last year

Great kitchen. Love it!

• plf12652
    last year

You have to love it, not “us”…..so good job!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    last year

If you love it, that's all that counts--it looks very nice! Thanks for coming back and showing us the finished product!

• cestor
    last year

Beautiful! What is the flooring?

• Gloria H.
    last year

Super nice. Well done and so nice to hear you are happy.

• Estee Notsay
    last year

We’re doing Sandgate too. What brand and color are your cabinets?

• K W
    Original Author
    last year

@Estee Notsay - Kraftmaid, Grandview Maple Square, Dove White

• ginnieskitchen
    last year

Just today ran across your post. Of the choices you displayed, I would have selected the same one you did. Yay us!! :)

K W thanked ginnieskitchen
  • Estee Notsay
    last year
    last modified: last year

We think we‘re doing Kraftmaid Moonshine, had to give up Warm White for the Sandgate counter. Dove is our second choice! Yours looks great!