Software
Houzz Logo Print
arpeet_patel

Shaker Cabinets - Top Drawer Rail Width

3 years ago

Hi - I am finalizing my cabinet plans for my kitchen and one item I am unsure of is the width of my rails and stiles for my top drawers. I am thinking of going with 2 3/4" rails and stiles for all cabinets and drawers, but for the top drawers only that are approximately 6" high, I was thinking of going with 1 3/4" rails and the stiles would match the rest of the cabinets, e.g. 2 3/4" so the looking vertically things would line up. My questions are:

  1. For the wider drawers, I have several drawers that are 36", will this look of 1 3/4" rails and 2 3/4" stiles look odd or un-proportional?
  2. If I went narrower with both rails and stiles on the top drawers, is that a "no-no" since neither rail or stile width would match the rest of the cabinets

I've searched the other discussion threads but couldn't find something on proportions so posting a new thread. Thanks!

Comments (5)