Maria
last year

We are deciding on our induction range and have narrowed it down to:

Bosch Industrial 800 series induction HIS8055C

OR

Smeg SPR30UIMX

OR

Bertazzoni PROF304INSXT

Looking for feedback on any of these. Thank you!

Comments (24)

• dan1888
    last year
    last modified: last year

Bosch would be my choice. The other two are the same manufacturer. I'd compare the Bosch with an Electrolux. Link.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

I have been very pleased with my Bosch appliances.

• Louise Smith
    last year

Echo the recommendation on Bosch appliances, but as has been mentioned, find out about local Bosch service.

• Maria
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks everyone. We have reputable Smeg and Berta service nearby - so it’s a tough decision!

• dan1888
    last year

Not really. A lower quality poor performing product shouldn't be considered just because it has available service. It still is lower quality.

• Maria
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

I agree @dan1888 - that’s why I’m looking for opinions of tbose who own any of these three units. We’ve heard positive and negative feedback about all three, which is why we are struggling with this decision.

• yvondag
    last year

Bertazzoni was a waste of $3,000. We purchased our Master Series Dual fuel Bertazzoni 5 years ago and have had to replace the bottom burner element 4 times! The last time it lasted all of 2 weeks. Piece of junk

• BC Jones
    last year

My sister's Bosch range had major problems with her oven, and it was a huge hassle to deal with Bosch warranty support. I think Bosch is probably fine, I just bought one of their dishwashers, but I would not expect them to be any better than, say, Whirlpool in reliability. I would not overlook any brand in your price range, including LG, Cafe, KitchenAid, etc. I would not touch Bertazzoni or Smeg, because I'm a car person, and Italian cars tend to have poor reliability. Great style, though. Still, not worth the gamble, IMO.

• Micah Saste
    last year

We purchased the smeg spr3… as part of a remodel last year.

The positives first: love the oven. Less space than my old Viking gas oven but so much more efficient. Love induction and feels safer with kids cooking. Water boils so fast.

The challenges: hugest issue is that the burners are each about 8” max in size. (You can’t see them, only see their effects when you see scorch areas on the pan or bubbles when boiling water only where the induction occurs)

We were misled with the bridging function that we could turn the two side burners into a single burner that would work well with oval dishes, like my le crueset Dutch oven. (It even says this in the manual). Instead, we have two semicircles of heat / induction that hit the two ends of the oval dish (and become relative hot spots) and the entire middle section is without induction and fairly cool. Now a big batch of beans takes 3.5 hours instead of 2. Constant attention is required for cooking big pots/skillets (>10”) bc you have to stir in the cold edges to the middle to ensure equal cooking.

I love induction and I would not buy this range again due to the specifics above.

• Maureen Johnson
    last year

What have been your experience with the Bosch oven? We're looking at the 36" induction range and it's oven is 3.7 cu. ft., which seems quite small compared to the others on the market.

• HU-398174946
    last year

I've seen lots of complaints about the noise generated by the oven fan in the Bosch. Evidently it's surprisingly loud.

• Ricky Nieve
    last year

Ive seen the comments about the loud fan on the bosch induction range oven and im pretty concerned. Anyone have experience with it?

• sdsoscia
    last year

Anyone have experience with the Electrolux linked above?

• HU-356250126
    last month

Is anyone able to provide an update on their experience with the Bosch HIS8055U ( or HIS8055C) in terms of the noise level of the oven fans? There have been concerns expressed. It would be very helpful of the fan noise could be compared to a standard 30 inch range hood fan (600cfm): is the oven fan noise level similar to the low rangehood setting, the intermediate , or the high setting? This would allow me to compare/contrast and tell me what to expect if I would purchase the Bosch. Thank you!!!

• HU-16168550092
    last month

While most Bosch induction ranges are produced in/house by Bosch, the 800 series industrial models are, ironically, made by Smeg. You can distinguish the Smeg-made models, by the fact that you see a space underneath them, and they have visible legs and front facing knob controls. These models also have fairly small capacity in the ovens in proportion to the size of the range. The 36 inch wide model is a good example of this. and so, ironically, all of the three brand choices/models mentioned in this discussion are Italian-made. I have no experience with using any of these models of induction ranges, but the Bosch model that is being discussed here is a Smeg posing as a Bosch or “private labelled” for Bosch.

• Maria
    Original Author
    last month

We have now had our Bosch for 8 months and we love it.

I was very worried about the fan after reading posts on here. I am sensitive to certain sounds/noises, but the fan doesn’t bother me at all. I usually have my range hood fan on at the same time, so together they are noisy but the oven fan usually shuts off pretty quickly this way. It pushes the steam out the top back and the range hood fan helps it clear out quickly.

It’s quite subjective, so I can take a video of it and post later today when I use it and you can hear for yourself. Hopefully it can help you make a better decision.

For the record, we had a

Also: what I love most about this Bosch is how hot the oven gets and stays. It’s sealed very well and bread/pizza (I bake a lot) comes out pretty perfect.

• moosemac
    last month

I have had my Bertazzoni induction range, MAST365INSXT for 5 years. I love and have had zero issues with it. When I shopping for ranges, I researched available service for several manufacturers and discovered even for those with service in my area, the service got terrible reviews. I opted for Bertazzoni and am glad I did.

• HU-356250126
    last month

Maria

,I assume you have the Bosch HIS8055C model, the one I am interested in. If you post a video that would be great. But if you can compare the oven ( cooling fan ) nosie to the level setting of your range hood that would also provide me with a lot of info. We currently have a Bosch 800 dual fuel range ( 5 y.o) and it has a cooling fan as well. The noise of the oven fan is less than the sound of our range hood at its lowest setting. So if your experience is similar that would have me sigh of relief.

So, yes please any visual /auditory info you can provide. Great!!! and Thank you!!

• HU-356250126
    last month

anyone with a video/sound of their range hood (inldlude setting) and the Bosch HIS8055C or HIS8055U while the oven is on, please can you shar this? Thank you!!!!

• Maria
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Here is a video.
    I just realized the sound reminds of being on an airplane. It doesn’t always run, and when it does, it’s not always for the entire time the oven is on. It must be triggered on to release steam. It usually shuts off less than 5min after the oven is turned off. I just shut the oven off and the fan shut down two minutes later.
    Not sure how loud it will sound in a phone. When I replay the video it sounds louder than the reality of it. We do have an echo in our kitchen.
    Our table is in the same space and the fan does not interrupt conversation, for example - which was my biggest concern when purchasing.
    We are a noisy family and often have music playing, etc… so like I said, it’s very personal.
    Hope my experience helps you! I really don’t like annoying noises - and for some reason this fan doesn’t bother me. My parents’ kitchen aid fan, on the other hand, makes my skin crawl 😂. For me it’s not about the volume, but about the particular sound the fan makes.

Second video is me shutting it off and you’ll hear the fan also shuts off.

Good luck!

• Maria
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Just realized I can’t attach videos. If you know how to, let me know.

• HU-356250126
    last month

It would require to do the following:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6161464/tutorial-on-posting-a-video

It would be extremely helpful for many of us with same noise concerns.

It is very helpful to know that one can have a normal conversation in the same room. We havean open concept home as well, and like yours, our kitchen is quite echogenic.

In some descriptions people suggested that it was a 747 airplane taking off........

If it is like a rangehood on the low setting ( even the Kitchenaid :) ) that is OK.

I agree that sound perception/tolerance is personal. But for me the comparison which you do in the two videos, would be an asset in deciding for many of us.

Thank you.